Spray Paint for Glass

Guest Jmerz805

Guest Jmerz805

Hello, Does any body know of a good spay paint for glass? I want to try to paint a factory looking border around a particular back window today and then tint it. I tried it yesterday with some stuff that was laying around the shop. Taped it off real nice, sprayed it, let it dry, it looked perfect. But then when I installed the tint my squeegee peeled up the paint in some parts.

I been wanting to try this for a while on certain cars, I guess I should of experimented before. I need a black paint that will permanently bond to glass and resist heat expansion and dry quickly.

Any advice and tips are appreciated.

Jaime

FYI the primer basically etches itself into the glass and whatever else you get it on so you have to be REAL careful when your swabbing it on. It wont come off like paint.

you do this often? ive been looking for a good paint technique too

like the other guys have said a urethane primer will do it nicely, I used to use the SIKA brand when doing windscreens but ive used it on holden rodeo (isuzu pickup) space cab windows theres a 1/2 inch gap of clear glass down the side of the windows for some odd reason so weve used the SIKA primer on that gap and it blends pretty well with the factory black ceramic so would be perfect to go around a full screen , you will want the screen removed no chance of doing it in the car !

also dont spill that sheit on anything I was changing my windscreen in my own mazda pickup and I freakin dropped 1 drop on the passenger seat ive never run so fast to get cleaning products it never fully came out but got it out a bit.

Archived