Global HP faded in 1 year???

I applied global hp 20 to my car in Sept 08. I noticed it started fading within months. Now, im thinkin of all the cars I did with it, this sucks. I do park my car outside all the time, but fading in 1 year, thats BS. I have a 88 Mustang 5.0 and 1 inch of the glass is hidden under the molding, so I can easily see the dark strip on top. It literally looks like 35%. Of love globals film, but with this fading im having second thoughts. Has anyone else experienced fading with global.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint14u
I applied global hp 20 to my car in Sept 08. I noticed it started fading within months. Now, im thinkin of all the cars I did with it, this sucks. I do park my car outside all the time, but fading in 1 year, thats BS. I have a 88 Mustang 5.0 and 1 inch of the glass is hidden under the molding, so I can easily see the dark strip on top. It literally looks like 35%. Of love globals film, but with this fading im having second thoughts. Has anyone else experienced fading with global.

Had the same issue about two years ago .Call them they are pretty good about your labor and film replacement

wait till you see what the rear window looks like in a couple of years

:cold I'm working on my 4th year with Global in the retail shop with absolutely no problems so far....... we don't get a lot of sun but we do lots of cars :lol Have had SolarGard HPCH on my work truck for 9 years with just a little fade but not bad....... I hear of people having trouble with it also but we never do. Only one brand we have used over the years really cost us in redos.

Cheers

Stan

Guest Darknesswithin

:lol ..........mmm interesting, ,, I'm worried about 2 that I did for one of my dealerships as a try out on there film.

as far as the warrantie's go it's all good..... I'd say there just like all the rest, they reguire proper documantation , roll #'s , sample of film etc.

keep us posted on what happens with this

edit for spelling,, dangit

:cold

Please shoot me the roll number - I'll look up the manufacturing date.

Since Global transitioned to the color stable construction a few years ago, I have not had a single report of this. Not one. We sell a ton of it.

I am wondering if someone sold you a very old roll of it, before the CS pigments were incorporated. The roll number will tell me in an instant.

Also: Which dist sold it to you?

-Howard

Guest scottydosnntkno

:inot I'm working on my 4th year with Global in the retail shop with absolutely no problems so far....... we don't get a lot of sun but we do lots of cars :lol Have had SolarGard HPCH on my work truck for 9 years with just a little fade but not bad....... I hear of people having trouble with it also but we never do. Only one brand we have used over the years really cost us in redos.

Cheers

Stan

True Grey :lol:lol

:lol I'm working on my 4th year with Global in the retail shop with absolutely no problems so far....... we don't get a lot of sun but we do lots of cars :inot Have had SolarGard HPCH on my work truck for 9 years with just a little fade but not bad....... I hear of people having trouble with it also but we never do. Only one brand we have used over the years really cost us in redos.

Cheers

Stan

True Grey :lol:lol

I forgot about that one :lol

Archived