Johnson's Automotive Window Tint

Guest Merc

I need your help. I am going to tint my Escalade tomorrow by one of two shops. I have used one of the tint shops with a previous car. They will be using Formula One's films. The other shop wants to use Johnson's Greystone window tint. They cheaper than the first tint shop and now I am conflicted with which one to go with. I have never heard of Johnson Window Tint or their Greystone line, is it a good product? What is your opinion?

correct me if I am wrong, but Formula One has different lines of film also......they have cheap dyed and up to the full metal.

tinting an Escalade? did you choose it because it was cheaper? The price should not matter as much as the shop and the quality of tint.....

tinting an Escalade? did you choose it because it was cheaper? The price should not matter as much as the shop and the quality of tint.....

A tahoe would have been cheaper. Finding a good tint shop is like finding a good mechanic, body shop, etc. They do good work for

you because they want you back. Loyalty is it's own reward.

Guest sparke247
I need your help. I am going to tint my Escalade tomorrow by one of two shops. I have used one of the tint shops with a previous car. They will be using Formula One's films. The other shop wants to use Johnson's Greystone window tint. They cheaper than the first tint shop and now I am conflicted with which one to go with. I have never heard of Johnson Window Tint or their Greystone line, is it a good product? What is your opinion?

Depends what you really want and your tinting rules in your state. Ask for ceramic if you got money. Johnson has a film called the insulator which does wonders with infrared and life of the tint. Where im from the tinting rules are 35 % in front window (not windshield) and dark as you want in the back windows. If you put 5 % in the back it will basically block out the heat, light and visibility, and uv rays. But it all depends on your tinting laws. To be honest it all comes down to the warranty and skill level of the shop. You can have the best film in the world but if you dont apply it correctly then its worthless. Look for dust, creases, gaps if any after the tint job and how long it takes for the window to cure. And make sure its the manufacture warranty and not a shop warranty. If the shop suddenly closes what happens to the warranty. Its basically worthless warranty.

Depends what you really want and your tinting rules in your state. Ask for ceramic if you got money. Johnson has a film called the insulator which does wonders with infrared and life of the tint. Where im from the tinting rules are 35 % in front window (not windshield) and dark as you want in the back windows. If you put 5 % in the back it will basically block out the heat, light and visibility, and uv rays. But it all depends on your tinting laws. To be honest it all comes down to the warranty and skill level of the shop. You can have the best film in the world but if you dont apply it correctly then its worthless. Look for dust, creases, gaps if any after the tint job and how long it takes for the window to cure. And make sure its the manufacture warranty and not a shop warranty. If the shop suddenly closes what happens to the warranty. Its basically worthless warranty.

Archived