1st Corvette Back Glass

Guest tintpro2007

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ya tintpro2007... what do you mean you anchored it "lower"?  Was it the "U" anchor people speak of?  Or the H pattern?  Any pictures?  I just have to figure out how to anchor.  I've got a 2002 vette coming in tomorrow.  Never had to do a vette before.. Any tips would be appreciated before tomorrow!! lol

ya tintpro2007... what do you mean you anchored it "lower"?  Was it the "U" anchor people speak of?  Or the H pattern?  Any pictures?  I just have to figure out how to anchor.  I've got a 2002 vette coming in tomorrow.  Never had to do a vette before.. Any tips would be appreciated before tomorrow!! lol

The best advise I can give you is to try anchoring it in a u-pattern as if you are following the defroster lines towards the middle and cut the pattern as large as you can to allow more margin for error. Besides the new vettes, those back windows are probably the easiest to do. What you can also do if there seems to be too much film to shrink towards the top and bottom is push some of the fingers to the sides. As long as you cut the pattern big, you can then take your heat gun and shrink under the fingers real quick and mash them down with a hard card. Hope that helps and good luck! 

Archived