customer problem help

Guest PerformanceTinterFL

Guest PerformanceTinterFL
after reading the emails, it sounds like you are somewhat in the wrong also.

1. Should you have to pay for the new radio? No, but you also should have upheld your end of the bargain. I would never install, nor would I ever want installed a "t-view" tv in my car. if you had an agreement to install a alpine/kenwood radio, then thats what you should have done, and informed the customer of the additional cost. Not buy something completely different than what he wanted. You bought a shiatty TV, and this is why they are shiatty and not a name brand, they don't work.

2. Why did you not contact the customer via phone or email for over a week? Better yet, why didn't you call the customer on the phone and explain that you studs broke on your wheels so you wouldn't be able to make it home? You should have given the customer a specific time you would be back in town to fix it, but he also should have told you that he was having his daughter stay home yadda yadda yadda so you would have been on the same page. At that time you could have said "hey I won't be back for 6 hours she doesn't need to do that"

Lastly, PAYMENTS on refunding $300 :lol2 If I was your customer I would tell you to shove it up your arse. If you make a deal with a business, and for any reason it is necessary for them to refund your money, then you shouldn't have to accept payments. You paid the money, they have the money, whether they spent that particular money or not is not your problem. When you return something to a store do you accept payments for it? :D Maybe you shouldn't be rolling around on your 24s if you can't afford to refund $300 to your customers :D

Give the man his money back, all $550 of it, take your equipment, and chalk it up as a lesson learned for next time.

Ill admit that was funny, trust me I am not broke by any means, hints the reason I am riding 24s, yes we both made mistakes but the facts are he messed the situation up, I offered to make payments because I knew he would not accept and when I go in front of the judge I can tell him I tried to make arrangements and he refused. and he payed for the tv view, I told him from the get go that if he wanted an alpine or kenwood it would be around 1200 installed, he said he could not afford that, I have never used t view but one of my distributors offered it to me saying it would be a good unit, the customer was totally happy with it and payed me and was fine with it, the next day he complained that he wanted me to swap it for a kenwood and him not pay the extra, he was just trying to pull something, so now im going to court and when he thinks he is going to win I will show all my evidence, and I had to email him because he only gets email, his phone doesnt work

Guest scottydosnntkno

"The tv is a good setup for the money, I explained to you before I started that if you wanted a high end tv it was going to be around $800"

so is it $800 or $1200 now? :D

and the judge is going to see you offering "payments" and laugh at you too. You may find it funny, but its not a "reasonable" attempt to compromise. As I stated previously, you are a BUSINESS, if a customer wants a refund that is justified, give them their money, not payments on it. You are not a pawn shop, a garage sale, a charity, you are a BUSINESS. Are you SURE that your licensed? with business "sense" like that I would doubt it.

Bottom line is, you installed a crap tv that obviously doesn't work, its up to YOU to take it back and get a new one or refund the customers money, end of story. Regardless of what the customer did, he is entitled to his full $550 refund, end of story. Give the man his money back, take your crap tv, and call it a day.

I will avoid putting in my person thoughts on the situation and leave these remarks:

At the end of the day there is no 'buyers remorse' period unless the deal was consimated at the customers home. If so they have 72 hours to back out of the deal from the time the sale was initiated. You provided a service and the customer paid in full. The customer then opted to make another purchase because they were not full satisfied with the first one.

Without me pointing blame anywhere 'I' would offer a refund on whatever pieces the customer wanted to return. I would NOT refund any labor charges, and would also deduct money for any missing parts (boxes, manuals, etc) because if they are not in sellable condition then you will need to buy them to make the product sellable or returnable. So it would be the 300 minus whatever is missing.

Best of luck on the situation :beer

Scotty should be the last person to give 'advice' on this as he had a customer that had to resort to commenting on this forum to get any kind of service out of him. :thumb

Guest scottydosnntkno
If the customer has the money to "Retain" a lawyer, He should have ponied up the first time around and slapped an Avic N2 in that biotch, instead of

something out of a Coco Puff's box. :thumb

:beer

If the customer has the money to "Retain" a lawyer, He should have ponied up the first time around and slapped an Avic N2 in that biotch, instead of

something out of a Coco Puff's box. :ppdance

lol..why does it gotta be a fold out why not the a avic-z...just kidding and I find the humorous...would think that this guy is not very smart a judge will laugh at him....but I would charge a restocking fee either way!

Customere said he wanted it done THAT DAY and if it was not fixed, he would have someone else do it the next morning.

I think he found a better deal elsewhere and was looking for an out to take advantage of the deal he found later.

Therefore, he did not give the Installer a reasonable amount of time to fix the problem, he now has an extra radio.

Just my 2 cents.

Archived