buying canadian motorcycle?

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

I call upon the infinate wisdom of the Tintdude Forum

My girlfriend is looking to buy her first bike so I've been looking at the new ninja 250's that we can get in the states. I've always rode yamaha and found a YZF R125 that is only available across the pond. Then I found a CBR 125 on Canada's Craigslist. Is it possible to buy a bike in canada and title, register, plate, and ride here?

I did this in 1985, brought an rz500 across the border.

Your best bet is to get the owner to ride the vehicle across the border for you.

If you cant do that, then strip the lights off and mail them to yourself. Tell customs its a race bike, not for street use(this worked in 85, may not today)

Also , parts may not be available thru, US yamaha dealers. We used a dealer up in Kamloops for parts.

try and get a microfiche or parts printout for the bike.

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

We ended buying a R6 on craigslist. We went to switch over the title and the nightmare began. The bike was totaled in CA, retitled in ID, then rebuilt and retitled in KY where we got it. Of course the seller failed to mention that. The title he signed over to us only said incorrect milage which again he failed to mention and I didn't know about till the lady at our BMV pointed it out. Live and learn I guess

Archived