What Spray Solution to use?

Guest choolzer

Guest choolzer

Hey whats up guys I have been reading around heard someone say you should use an "tint accelerant aka windex" for applying tints but I also heard that no ammonia/windex should be used so im confused and all I want to know is a an easy tint solution that is easily purchased/commonly used that I could put in a spray bottle because I bought like a 8oz spray bottle of "tint solution" from Gila and it practically ran out in one squirt. Thanks

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YO MANG, TINT_TERRORIST HEEEAH

SHIZZLE MUH NIZZLE MANG I BE USING 409 WITH A TOUCH OF CAT URINE IN MY PAPA SOLUTION AND SHIZZ MANG.

DOWN AT DUH CARA WASHARAH WHERE I BE SLANGIN MUH PAPAS I SPRAY DAY 409 ON DUH ENGINE DEN ON MY PAPAS

I HIT DAT ENGINE FIRST MANG DEN HIT DEM PAPAS WITH DUH WAND MANG, DAT PAPA BE STUCK LIKE A HOE ON DEM WINDAS MANG,

HOLLA!!!!!! SLANGIN PAPAS LIKE A HOE 4/7 DAWG

Guest scottydosnntkno
Hey whats up guys I have been reading around heard someone say you should use an "tint accelerant aka windex" for applying tints but I also heard that no ammonia/windex should be used so im confused and all I want to know is a an easy tint solution that is easily purchased/commonly used that I could put in a spray bottle because I bought like a 8oz spray bottle of "tint solution" from Gila and it practically ran out in one squirt. Thanks

NOT windex. While amonia is not as harmful to modern films as it was in the past, you should not use windex as a slip solution. Ever. Never ever.

The easiest thing to do is use a bottle of water with a few drops of dish soap in it. From the sounds of it, if your using Gila solution, you're using Gila film, so using Dawn isn't going to hurt your film any :D If you really want, you can get a bottle of regular JOY dish soap, the yellow kind without any fancy degreasers. Should be about $1.50 for a huge bottle. Its the purest dish soap you can get, and put about a teaspoon into a 32oz bottle.

Guest 515tinter

NOT windex. While amonia is not as harmful to modern films as it was in the past, you should not use windex as a slip solution. Ever. Never ever.

The easiest thing to do is use a bottle of water with a few drops of dish soap in it. From the sounds of it, if your using Gila solution, you're using Gila film, so using Dawn isn't going to hurt your film any :thumb If you really want, you can get a bottle of regular JOY dish soap, the yellow kind without any fancy degreasers. Should be about $1.50 for a huge bottle. Its the purest dish soap you can get, and put about a teaspoon into a 32oz bottle.

:beer for like the 20th time this topic has been discussed this year!

Guest choolzer

lol thanks guys I really appreciate your help and patience for dealing with a noob like myself (especially tint_terrorist keepin it real "Slangin dem papas")... I plan on tinting my acadia this friday for the second time with precut tints but by taking off panels this time... im in new york cold climate (30*-40*) now do you guys reccomend using a heat gun to heat up the window before applying tint? and also for the back window tint application do you work your way from the middle out like a cross or just one clean squeegee across the top and work your way down? thanks any help is appreciated

Archived