Suntek glass break warranties and deductibles

:thumb I had a glass break a couple of months ago. I live in Colorado so the tinters at this elevation I think have more glass breaks than anywhere in the country. For the last 7 or 8 years the glass break warranties were taken care of with no issues. CLC (Suntek) would pay the glass company for the new glass minus the deductible and send me a piece of film to re tint the window of course the customer or myself would pay the deductible. This time I was told I had to come out of pocket to pay for the glass. Now this is what upsets me I have never had to pay for the glass before. Suntek told me this has been the policy all along. Suntek will reimburse my film account for the price of the glass. They then proceded to tell me that this is the way it is with every manufacture. I think not. Johnson window films pays the glass company directly. How do all the other manufacture handle the glass break warranties? Also, I am curious as to what deductibles that the other manufactures require for glass break? Suntek is $25.00 residential and $100 for Commercial. Johnsons is $25.00 for residential and $25.00 for commercial. This whole issue is steeing me away form Suntek. This is an important part of how I choose my films suppliers.

Dont tke their WORD for it, read the warranty paperwork!! If no where in there it says YOU have to pay for it, don't. Did you sign an agreement with them to this end??? Since it is a MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY, you should not be on the hook for any payment, even reimbursed. a manufacturers warranty is between the manny and the end user. To be truthful, you should not be involved. The customer should deal with the manny on it themselves.Ufortunately, in our industry especially, we have taken the hit on having to deal with this. Re read Sunteks warranty paperwork and inform them that the qarranty is between them and the end user and you will be forwarding all claims direct to them in the future and will only replace any FILM tat needs to be done. Also, I would look for another manufacturer to work with, should they continue this n@zi approach to honoring their warranties!!!

Ive only had one glass breakage warranty claim with Madico. I dont remember any deductable, but the way I did it was I paid the glass company direct after getting approval from Madico, then Madico credited my acct through my distributor for the film and window. I had to send Madico a copy of the invoice from the glass company. Seemed pretty painless to me, and I'd rather the customer go through me other than have to deal with a mfg. :thumb

I know when I have a warrantly issue with, for example, my refrigerator I'd rather go through the person I bought it from rather than go through the mfg. IMO, it looks better resolving an issue directly with/for the customer rather than have them submit all the paperwork, multiple calls, and waiting. Come on guys, we should be giving our customers service before, during, and after a sale. Doing it this way makes the customer feel better about purchasing through YOU, and will make referrals that much better. :beer

I had a couple breaks on a large commercial project I did with suntek and at first they said they would credit my account & I said I don't think so....anyways they paid the glass company minus the $200 deductible for 2 windows, the customer paid that. Madico as well paid the glass company for me on a glass break and had no deduct. :lol

I like it when the manu pay up front and the custy pays the 25.00

I dont have to hear a thing, the custy calls me and say "I had a window break and the warranty company is coming out on __/__ to fix it. can you come out the next day and retint it?" me "sure that will be fine, and just so you know the new piece of tint is free of charge as well. how was your experience with the glass company?"

Guest Fly Paper

Our residential glass contractor brings the glass to our shop to be filmed NO Charge and installs it so we don't have to make the trip. We've worked with him for over 18 years. If you don't know what glass cost you can get taken for a ride. Most of the commercial glazing contractors work with us too so we get good pricing and good quality glass to save our film suppliers money. Some tinters want to get the full coverage of say $500.00 but very few windows cost that much and it only hurts dealers as higher warranty cost mean higher film prices. I prefer to have the supplier credit our account because we order film every few days anyway. However for a masive film failure issue they need to send film to the dealer no charge. IMHO

Well this problem with Suntek is really unprofessional. This makes me look like an idiot. All over the warranty is says dial Sunteks # for warranty issues. Re guarding some of your replies I did not sign any contract about glass breakage or anything else for that matter. The only things I sign are the glass break warranties and the film installation warranties when the job is complete. There was never any contract that I signed about this their glass break policy. The way it use to be was like you guys are saying. I should not have to worry about their product. Its CLCs warranty, CLC should pay for the glass break and I should be sent the tint to re film it. I was also told this is how it is done industry wide from Sara at CLC. I have called several other manufactures and know one does it the way CLC does. What burns me about this problem is I just recently found out from 2 customers that had glass breaks. They told me they had to pay for the glass and the deductible to the glass shop, and then CLC sent them a check minus the deductible. How unprofessional is that ????? Well I for one will be longer selling Suntek because of this issue. Therefore I will no longer have an account to credit. I will have a contract with the new film supplier I pick. And you better believe this will be in my Contract that I draw up for them.

Guest vclimber
Well this problem with Suntek is really unprofessional. This makes me look like an idiot. All over the warranty is says dial Sunteks # for warranty issues. Re guarding some of your replies I did not sign any contract about glass breakage or anything else for that matter. The only things I sign are the glass break warranties and the film installation warranties when the job is complete. There was never any contract that I signed about this their glass break policy. The way it use to be was like you guys are saying. I should not have to worry about their product. Its CLCs warranty, CLC should pay for the glass break and I should be sent the tint to re film it. I was also told this is how it is done industry wide from Sara at CLC. I have called several other manufactures and know one does it the way CLC does. What burns me about this problem is I just recently found out from 2 customers that had glass breaks. They told me they had to pay for the glass and the deductible to the glass shop, and then CLC sent them a check minus the deductible. How unprofessional is that ????? Well I for one will be longer selling Suntek because of this issue. Therefore I will no longer have an account to credit. I will have a contract with the new film supplier I pick. And you better believe this will be in my Contract that I draw up for them.

Don't get bent out of shape yet the fun is just starting... wait until they set up another dealer around the corner form you. :copcar

Archived