When to shrink or when to do strips

Guest Scottsfire

Guest Scottsfire

I am obviously new to the forums and to the industry...... and I was curious if there is a reference book, site, forum etc that would help advise me on when to shrink a back window or do strips.

Correct me if I'm wrong; but some window curvatures will be too great to shrink without comprimising the tint product...correct???? Rather than having to waste film on trying to shrink a window, I'd kinda like to know in advance if I should even bother trying or just start moving towards a strip/film installation.

My other question is, are there films that allow you to get really agressive in the shrinking install over others.

Told you I was new to the industry, doing friends cars for free labor, all they have to do is pay for product, so far so good........but this is awesome fun!

Thanks for the any help you might have,

Scott

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint325i

no strips ever, its really got to be one piece, 2 piece if it really really has to be but I hate doing it, cant remember the last time I did, one piece is the only way

no strips ever, its really got to be one piece, 2 piece if it really really has to be but I hate doing it, cant remember the last time I did, one piece is the only way

:bingo I really don't remember the last time I 2 pieced a back glass. The "shop" up the street 2 pieces everycar...

Guest tintjam65

:D I really don't remember the last time I 2 pieced a back glass. The "shop" up the street 2 pieces everycar...

Good enough at seams

customers don't know

and many don't care as long as it

looks one piece

:bingo

Guest scottydosnntkno
Piecing tint went out with the 90's unless your a DIYer :imok

:beer

modern films are not compromised by the shrinking process. I don't think theres a window out there that hasn't been one pieced by someone at some point. Hell, that mercury monterey and a 944 has been done in one piece, what could be worse :lol

now, thats not to say you can use a full metal film on say a beetle unless your really good. You'll get ghosting like crazy if you don't know how to use it, which "compromises" the product you could say.

never do a window in strips. ever. two piece maybe when your starting on the harder ones, but never strips.

strips are NOT :crazy

Archived