pug 206

wilco

Guest shadowline
Starlet glanza and not installed but did the shrink on a saxo, bin meaning to ask this question now I know the more curve the more you have to shrink making it harder, but what do you do different exactly? Doesn't the same method work with all back glass if you are smart about it? I'm getting in touch with nik about film construction monday hopefully add to my help, what cars are good to gain experience and build up to a car like the 206 and a clio ect? Many thanks steve

its not all about the amount of curve. Example whats harder 206 or an RX8 with its curvy wrap around rear screen?......well the 206 is 3 times harder than the RX8. Saxo's are simple im sorry mate but in 3 weeks you havent not got a hope in hell on the 206, decline it now , save face , and pratice on simple cars. You say you shrunk a saxo but didnt install, well do both cos after its shrunk its only a small job compaired to cleaning the back glass and then installaing with no contamination. Not putting you dwn but learn the basics first mate!

thanks for the advice mate, well its a friends car so will let him know wont be doing that for a while then, I see well going to get practicing, I didnt install the saxo as its already tinted but used the window to shrink it, got a jag xj to practice on and a starlet as previosuly mentioned. Few other cars too will have to update you as and when I complete any of these cars, may need further advice.

yea got plenty of time to practice along side my other job, end of the day there basic questions as I am literally just starting out. Im sure nobody including yourself did not have to learn this when you started like any other trade or job with skills your not born with them you learn and develop them and hopefully have some fun on the way

that sounds like me a bit, left school wanting to do mechanics, 5 yrs later in successful on decent money, was about a year ago I thought about tinting and didnt follow it up but decided to have a go this time. Cant even remember what got me interested in tinting, also I have heard a lot of tinters are previous mechanics, strange

Archived