I need this product. Axius 35% Insta Cling

Guest iamaverb

Guest iamaverb

This is for a special project and I cannot find the 35% anywhere. If you know of any sources for the Axius brand Static Cling / Insta Cling 35% I would appreciate it.

Guest iamaverb
DO A WEB SEARCH......what I see, it is available online or at WalMart...................must be top notch film!!!! lol2.gif

Actually WalMart stopped carrying the 35% through out the country as I have called them from Texas to Detroit. I believe Axius / Auto Expressions / SOPUS (Shell Oil Corp.) has probably stopped making the product in 35% so I am hoping to find some new old stock (NOS).

I need static cling film as I make black out kits for the C5 and C6 Vettes. The 20% is to dark for the headlights though it works well for all other lights as an exterior application.

Any help would be very much appreciated on locating any of this product or any other bulk 35% static cling non metallic film.

Guest scottydosnntkno
DO A WEB SEARCH......what I see, it is available online or at WalMart...................must be top notch film!!!! :beer

Actually WalMart stopped carrying the 35% through out the country as I have called them from Texas to Detroit. I believe Axius / Auto Expressions / SOPUS (Shell Oil Corp.) has probably stopped making the product in 35% so I am hoping to find some new old stock (NOS).

I need static cling film as I make black out kits for the C5 and C6 Vettes. The 20% is to dark for the headlights though it works well for all other lights as an exterior application.

Any help would be very much appreciated on locating any of this product or any other bulk 35% static cling non metallic film.

how long is a static cling film going to last on some exterior lights :lol2:lol2

and your not going to find anyone on here who stocks that product, especially if they stopped making it :beer

Guest iamaverb
DO A WEB SEARCH......what I see, it is available online or at WalMart...................must be top notch film!!!! :beer

how long is a static cling film going to last on some exterior lights :lol2:lol2

and your not going to find anyone on here who stocks that product, especially if they stopped making it :beer

Guest iamaverb

how long is a static cling film going to last on some exterior lights :beer:lol

and your not going to find anyone on here who stocks that product, especially if they stopped making it :lol

Actually, quite a while. I have had this film on my 03 Z06 for 5 years and 172 MPH, and it has worked as desired, front and rear. The 35% has been on the headlights of my 08 Z06 for 8 months now, and...same desired results. Total BAMF!!!

I could go to a paint shop and have the headlights alone paint/tinted for $500.00, or I can die cut and install myself for about $3.00 in material. My customers need a product they can install themselves, quick fast.

I get it....Cling film is not an appropriate, desired nor respected material for a custom installed window job, but for my application and install, it works. On the windows of both my Corvettes, other trucks and SUV, I have Tomball Tint in Texas do the trick.

Guest scottydosnntkno

how long is a static cling film going to last on some exterior lights :beer:lol

and your not going to find anyone on here who stocks that product, especially if they stopped making it :lol

Actually, quite a while. I have had this film on my 03 Z06 for 5 years and 172 MPH, and it has worked as desired, front and rear. The 35% has been on the headlights of my 08 Z06 for 8 months now, and...same desired results. Total BAMF!!!

I could go to a paint shop and have the headlights alone paint/tinted for $500.00, or I can die cut and install myself for about $3.00 in material. My customers need a product they can install themselves, quick fast.

I get it....Cling film is not an appropriate, desired nor respected material for a custom installed window job, but for my application and install, it works. On the windows of both my Corvettes, other trucks and SUV, I have Tomball Tint in Texas do the trick.

how bout some pictures of both of those cars together with the tinted lights :lol 2003 zo6s only came with pop up lights, so why would you want to tint it when its only ever visible if the lights on?

Who would spend $500 on painting some headlights, when you can get nightshades anywhere for like $12/can that does 4-6 lights? :lol

I find it hard to believe that any cling on film would withstand a spray hose in your driveway, let alone a car wash tunnel or a prewash pressure spray.

If you are really here for advice, I would suggest LaminX, or a high end transparent vinyl(oracle 851, 951, etc) for something that looks good, lasts a long time, and isn't cheap :nope

That being said, I never have nor will I ever tint a headlight/taillight in my life.

Archived