The bogus side of Craigslist..............

So, I posted a listing on Craigslist for our old dining room set. So far, these are the only responses........think they follow a theme???

1)Thanks for getting back to me,am pleased and willing to pay the asking

price for this Item. And I would have love to come for the viewing but

due to my work frame that might not be possible, So I will be making

the payment to you via a Check for the cost of this item. So I'll like

you to provide me with the following information so as to notify the

payment for the item.full name to be on the Check,home or work address

and phone # likewise, the payment will be made in excess in which you

will be sending the remaining cash balance on the payment to my movers

who will later come for the pick up of the item as soon as the payment

is confirmed.

2)I really appreciate your response to my email. I want you to consider it sold, pls do withdraw the advert from CL to avoid disturbance, anyways I don't have time to come over to take a look because of my Business but you don't need to bother yourself with the shipment, I'll take care of that by engaging the services of a mover, hence I'll be sending a bank certified

check and it will be delivered to you via United Parcel Service (UPS), soI'll need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

Full name on the check.

Full Physical address to post the check

City, State and Zip Code

Home & Cell Phone to contact you.

Note that the payment will be shipped to your address via UPS NEXT DAY AIR SERVICE and I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping I will have my mover to come over as soon as you have cashed the check.

N.B UPS does not deliver to a P.O box addresses.Thanks

3)Thanks for the prompt response to my mail.

I will be buying from you so please kindly withdraw all the advert from CL and consider it sold

Please be informed that I send ya a check asap for the payment,I just moved here on a job transfer.I will need the

following details to mail the payment asap.

1.Name to be on the payment.

2.Home address.

3.City.

4.State.

5.Zip Code.

6.Cell & Mobile phone # .

I will make arrangements for the pick up as soon as you have payment.

I am completely satisfied with the advert and the payment will be delivered within 2-3? working days.** I use a hearing

impaired phone # and will receive your calls via email **

Notice the last one?? The hearing impared #....sound familiar???

Guest filmslayer

I have 2 mobile homes that I rent here in Inglis,FL . now this is as rural as it gets . I listed them on craiglist a couple days ago and have had 5 responses from people claiming to be in the UK and wanting to send me checks for 1st. ,last and sec. deposit without even seeing them . told one to send me $3750 , guess we'll see . cant help but think somethings fishy ....

What I do when I get those responses it to send them back one of the following 2 replies.

1) I will be happy to take your payment, although my Bank requires 60 days for the check to clear before releasing the funds to my account.

Therefore, we can arrange for your person to pick up the merchandise 60 days from todays date. If this is agreeable, let me know and I will provide the information you have you have requested.

2) Just send the payment to your Transport person and let them cash the check, I will then meet your person at my bank where I can then deposit cash into my account, as I do not accept checks from strangers.

If this is acceptable, please reply back and we will then make arrangments to finalize the transaction.

I have NEVER heard back when using 1 of the 2 above responses.

And, they use UPS or FedEx so they have no chance of the Govt being involved with Mail Fraud charges.

Hahaha...Ive gotten those a few times. I wonder if people still fall for that crap.

I still get emails from Nigerians wanting me to "hide" their fortune in my acct. All I need to do is withdraw money for them after the check clears...

Will some people ever learn??? :boogie

Archived