auto electrics

Guest tint325i

Guest tint325i

my 530d is drawing 0.6A out of battery when idle, this flattens battery within a few days, ive tried unplugging phone, stereo and anything else I can think of but drain is still there, ive even pulled every fuse out 1 by 1 but cant find anything, had it into local auto sparky bit no joy there either, any ideas guys???

Guest naughtydog
my 530d is drawing 0.6A out of battery when idle, this flattens battery within a few days, ive tried unplugging phone, stereo and anything else I can think of but drain is still there, ive even pulled every fuse out 1 by 1 but cant find anything, had it into local auto sparky bit no joy there either, any ideas guys???

Is their a fusebox in the boot on yours? That sounds like a mnajor drain?

Maybe a ground problem?

Guest tint325i

yeh .6A is loads, there is a fusebox in boot next to battery, have tried pulling fuses 1 by 1 but it only drops on 1 fuse by about 0.06A (which is about what the current draw should be for clock etc) but I have no idea where the other .5A is going, only thing I have in the car that shouldnt be there is a handsfree, have unplugged this along with headunit and autochanger, have even unplugged alternator incase of diode failure (have seen that cause a drain before) does my head in that I cant leave car from one weekend to the next without it going flat, it goes flat in about 2 or 3 days

Guest tint325i
Are you sure your battery doesn't have a dead cell?

I dont think so but will check it 2moro with a heavy discharger, why would a dead cell make the car daw 0.6A? thats a massive drain, that juice has to be going somewhere! the battery is brand new but will need replaced soon enough if it keeps geeting flattened as its not a deep cycle battery (usually used in caravans or boats)

A draw of that size is typically a light bulb... glove box light, under hood light, trunk light, etc not turning off when it should

When that fails I typically go unplug the alternator... sound like you have gone through the correct steps...

:eyebrows

Guest tint325i

yeh bulbs was my first thought, I have actually removed the glovebox light, and both boot/trunk lights, the rest of the interior lights are easily visible so I know they are off, might just torch it!!! lol

Archived