bg tint removal w/ sander?

Guest juns

I was thinking while I was scrubbing away at a ford focus back glass the other day and im always thinking of how to make things easier...thats how I came up with my portable peelboard but more on that later... anyways, anyone ever try taking a electric sander w/ a white scrubbie pad to the back glass before?? am I crazy for even thinking of trying this or is it something that might fly? let me know...thanks.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
I was thinking while I was scrubbing away at a ford focus back glass the other day and im always thinking of how to make things easier...thats how I came up with my portable peelboard but more on that later... anyways, anyone ever try taking a electric sander w/ a white scrubbie pad to the back glass before?? am I crazy for even thinking of trying this or is it something that might fly? let me know...thanks.

I don't think it would have enough motion to effectively remove the adhesive, and the pad would gum up really fast. Since it basically just vibrates in circles 1/4-1/2 at a time, its not really that much movement when your trying to remove something thick and sticky like tint adhesive.

when wood working, the pads get gummed up really fast if its a soft urethane finish, so I would think the thick tint adhesive would gum up a scrubbie, if you could even get it attached to the sander.

why are you using a scrubbie to remove a back glass though? use 000 or 0000 steel wool, it works 10x better. I didn't think it could at first, but it really does. Its a ton more agressive

yeah, I usually use steel wool unless I'm too lazy to go find it or if I just can't find it at all since my coworker will throw the bag somewhere after he uses it. come to think of it, I think the steamer and hard card combo seems to work best. then steel wool for touch ups.

Guest arcwindowtinting

Can you post some pics of that portable peelboard? Or email them to me at scott@arcwindowtint.com I've been wanting to make one and need some ideas. Thanks!

Can you post some pics of that portable peelboard? Or email them to me at scott@arcwindowtint.com I've been wanting to make one and need some ideas. Thanks!

If you clicl on one of my TOTW medals, you can do what I do for portable peel table :beer

Guest Tint Legend

If you clicl on one of my TOTW medals, you can do what I do for portable peel table :beer

Which one are those, or maybe a link. I would like to see it also. Thanks :lol2

Woops just saw your other post. :beer

Archived