Should i hire a sales guy with a collage ed or not?

Guest WFWB

Guest NewGuy

Finally a topic that I can supply good advice on. I was in outside sales for the past 5 years and have learned that at least 70% of "salespeople" have zero clue how to sell. They can however BS a resume to make it look like they are the greatest salesperson on earth. The ONLY way to make sure you are getting a good salesperson is to call their last boss and ask how they did. Do not bother with calling their references.

I literally saw other sales reps that were awful, land awesome jobs because they faked their W-2's - put down fake references (really their old college buddies) and just lied in interviews.

Also people ONLY buy from people they like so if you do not really like this guy (like you would really want to hang out with him on a day off) then do not even bother.

I have a business degree from an good University and will be the first to admit that I have met several HS grads that could outsell me in a minute.

I would definately have to agree that a piece of paper that says you spent four years partying your arse off on your parents dime means that you can sell other than they sold their parents on the idea. I would think that someone who has proven themselves in the field would be much better. Of course you have to aske why are they looking for other work if they are good in this economy??

I would definately have to agree that a piece of paper that says you spent four years partying your arse off on your parents dime means that you can sell other than they sold their parents on the idea. I would think that someone who has proven themselves in the field would be much better. Of course you have to aske why are they looking for other work if they are good in this economy??

How much comission percentage are you going to pay? Its hard for a new sales person to start from scratch with no leads.

Archived