Tinting my 944 this morning.

The ///Man

Guest scottydosnntkno
How many seamless splices did you have to do on that back window?

Just did one. The parts that were giving me difficulty I don't think any more pieces would help, just need a tiny bit more shrinkage.

if it didn't say down I would wait a day or two until it dries, and then push them down, or give them some heat to finish the shrink. Whenever I get a pucker or banana that just won't lay down I let it dry then push it down and it almost always works

Guest scottydosnntkno
Believe me, I tried everything. The film was just done in terms of letting me fugger with it. He lives out of town so I won't be seeing the car any time soon. Like I said, it didn't bother him, just me =(

I know you tried it all at the time, but its too bad you couldn't hold onto it for another day, since what I suggested isn't something you could have tried that day beer.gif

I know you tried it all at the time, but its too bad you couldn't hold onto it for another day, since what I suggested isn't something you could have tried that day :bingo

The only thing that comes to mind when I have been reading your responses is: asshat.gif

I know you tried it all at the time, but its too bad you couldn't hold onto it for another day, since what I suggested isn't something you could have tried that day beer.gif

The only thing that comes to mind when I have been reading your responses is: :lol2

:lol2

Guest jvtinter

Just did one. The parts that were giving me difficulty I don't think any more pieces would help, just need a tiny bit more shrinkage.

Dang, that's pretty good. I remember back in the 80,s we would have like 12 splice lines. We didn't know you could shrink film. I did a 944 about 4 months ago with three splice lines. took about 45 minutes and came out sweet. I think I'ld rather do 2 944s than one new corvette.

Guest scottydosnntkno

Dang, that's pretty good. I remember back in the 80,s we would have like 12 splice lines. We didn't know you could shrink film. I did a 944 about 4 months ago with three splice lines. took about 45 minutes and came out sweet. I think I'ld rather do 2 944s than one new corvette.

I'd take a vette over a 944 any day. at least vettes can be done in one piece. granted, I've never done a 944, but looking at them in person they look wicked

Archived