small sub enclosure?

you put a 8" in a down firing box in a center console position it's not really going to matter if it's a super high end woofer. The only reason I suggest going with something mid-line is because typically you will get slightly heavier components yet still maintain decent efficency.

If you go with some super bad azz competition woofer all you are doing is screwing yourself out of output unless you put some rage'n amp in there to get the thing moving.

Tint51 makes a good point about staying with a smaller driver so you can take advantage of the 1/4 wave the woofer puts out.... taking that into account a 8" is still going to work fine.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint51
you put a 8" in a down firing box in a center console position it's not really going to matter if it's a super high end woofer. The only reason I suggest going with something mid-line is because typically you will get slightly heavier components yet still maintain decent efficency.

If you go with some super bad azz competition woofer all you are doing is screwing yourself out of output unless you put some rage'n amp in there to get the thing moving.

Tint51 makes a good point about staying with a smaller driver so you can take advantage of the 1/4 wave the woofer puts out.... taking that into account a 8" is still going to work fine.

:tinttank:

I personally love 8in woofers .. I love the punch.. But I also install them in a VW bug in the rear... Some day I will do 8--8in woofers.. great spl...

The bigger the woofer the longer the sound feq. is......

Thats incorrect....the size of the woofer has nothing to do with the length of the soundwave coming out of it. A 20 Hz note "soundwave" is a little over 30 feet long....no matter what size woofer it comes out of. Holla! :tinttank:

Thats incorrect....the size of the woofer has nothing to do with the length of the soundwave coming out of it. A 20 Hz note "soundwave" is a little over 30 feet long....no matter what size woofer it comes out of. Holla! :lol2

Oh yeah..... My 20 Hz note is 31 feet long..... Stumpy

:tinttank:

Guest tint51

Thats incorrect....the size of the woofer has nothing to do with the length of the soundwave coming out of it. A 20 Hz note "soundwave" is a little over 30 feet long....no matter what size woofer it comes out of. Holla! :tinttank:

yeah and what car is 30Ft...??

Uh...ok...Why do You think subwoofers sound better when there turned toward the back of the car? Because the soundwave has enough length to maximize before it reaches Your ear. But you go ahead and believe what You want to. :tinttank:

Oh, and TTS.... :lol2

:lol2

Guest scottydosnntkno

yeah and what car is 30Ft...??

it doesnt matter how long the wave is, its how your ear interprets it. 20hz sounds like 20hz no matter what speaker it comes from

it doesnt matter how long the wave is, its how your ear interprets it. 20hz sounds like 20hz no matter what speaker it comes from

OMFG! Absolutely incorrect....again.... what Your saying is a 20Hz note from a tweeter will sound the same as a 20Hz note from a 15 inch woofer ? :tinttank:

Guest tint51
Uh...ok...Why do You think subwoofers sound better when there turned toward the back of the car? Because the soundwave has enough length to maximize before it reaches Your ear. But you go ahead and believe what You want to. :lol

Oh, and TTS.... :thumb

:lol

I understand that.. thats why stay with a smaller speaker if it is mounted near you leg...

Archived