How much tint is enough?

Guest Scottsfire

I typically tint 4 doors with 35 on the sides and 20 on the back glass. On my plotter, I can cut 15 or 16 (if I remember correctly) Altimas (doors) and about 18-25 bgs depending on the car. The plotter wastes less film than hand cutting, but Im not sure how many I could get out of it with cutting the back glass on the same roll. Id guess 10 full cars Altima size would be a safe bet...maybe 11, using a 36".

Guest Hogue
On 3/19/2010 at 6:18 AM, tint123 said:

Generally speaking, each side takes 5' of film, and the back window is another 5'

So, you are pulling 5 feet off the roll, splitting it down the middle and doing the sides. 5 for the back window, so you are pulling 10' off the roll for each car.

10 cars per roll, if you do not have to do a window a second time.

Just wanting to make this clear so my math is clear as well. You stated Each side takes 5’ and then another 5’ for the back saying your final amount is 10’. Would it not be 15’? 5’ for driver side, 5’ for passenger and 5’ for the back? Like I said just want to be clear not trying to not pick.

12 hours ago, Guest Hogue said:

Just wanting to make this clear so my math is clear as well. You stated Each side takes 5’ and then another 5’ for the back saying your final amount is 10’. Would it not be 15’? 5’ for driver side, 5’ for passenger and 5’ for the back? Like I said just want to be clear not trying to not pick.

This is with a 36 or 40 inch roll. Read it again. Solid for back and split for sides.

I figure 11 feet total.