Jeep BG Raised Defrost

Tint Eastwood

I am trying to finish up my jeep and the backglass has defrost lines which are no problem except for the big line on the left and right side. On that line there are raised solder points at each defrost line that goes across the window. You can't see that its raised in the pic but its pretty significant. There is about a 1/2" of glass on the other side of the line. I don't want a big light line around the edge on the sides. Any suggestions on how to make it look like it is one solid piece? With those bumps I can't imagine it would span over that and actually lay down on those edges. I was thinking maybe a black 1/2" pin strip all the way around the edge of the glass to cover that 1/2" and then just cut the tint up to that big defrost line. Think that would work?

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno

I just film over it and have no problems :twocents It looks like the older style cherokee back glass so just cut around where the tabs actually stick up, and lay the film over the big line all the way to the edge of the glass

I just film over it and have no problems :twocents It looks like the older style cherokee back glass so just cut around where the tabs actually stick up, and lay the film over the big line all the way to the edge of the glass

This is the one with the braided wires going all the way down the side, not just the tabs.

Guest scottydosnntkno

This is the one with the braided wires going all the way down the side, not just the tabs.

ahhhhH I don't know if I've seen one of those. Paint would be best then :beer

Guest untouchable

I have done quit a few of these over the years. I used to try and tint the edge all the time but with the way the defrost wire and seal are it never comes out that well (clean or nice cut). It will look at lot better to just paint or use a small strip of black out tape on the edge.

Archived