Jeep BG Raised Defrost

Tint Eastwood

Guest scottydosnntkno
well the one with the long bead I paint. it would be really hard to get a nice painted border with it tucked in a rubber gasket. we pull almost everything thats gasketted in

I wish I knew how to pull glass, because it would be easier on some cars, like superduty BGs(old ones). I don't think I would pull the cherokee ones, since I've never had a problem with the other style ones, never done this type though.

but on a fseries it would make it a lot easier.

well the one with the long bead I paint. it would be really hard to get a nice painted border with it tucked in a rubber gasket. we pull almost everything thats gasketted in

I wish I knew how to pull glass, because it would be easier on some cars, like superduty BGs(old ones). I don't think I would pull the cherokee ones, since I've never had a problem with the other style ones, never done this type though.

but on a fseries it would make it a lot easier.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was taught how to do this my first week of tinting, its not hard and is a must if youre picky about your work.

now some I dont pull like the new sprinter vans. they are totally flat and have a nice easy to trim rubber so they come out great anyway. but most of the gasket windows are old and dirty. may have some curve too. just comes out nice regardless of all the elements.

Guest tintjam65
If it's an older cherokee, pop the back glass out and tint it cherry. They push out very easy.

Not sure what you mean. Wouldn't be any different than doing it in place, since the solder is on the glass right?

Paint sounds like the ticket to me. What do you guys use for paint, out of curiosity.

use black urethane primer from an auto glass supply

it paints on glass without streaking

or

cut a strip of film and dry laminate using a finger as squeegee

Archived