Featuring a skylight special

I was considering trying to offer a 'skylight special' in an area nearby that every condo has at least two or three skylights. It would be a lower ticket item then doing a whole home... and skylights generate a ton of heat...

Has anyone tried doing something along those lines??

-R

For maximum Heat rejection,

I've done them in Hanita Tek's Exterior Silver 20% and sealed edges with GE Max 5000 Siliconized Caulk.

Also if they are "curb" mount. The installing contractors usually do hack jobs putting them in. 1/2" air leaks on all sides are Standard Operating Procedure for home builders.

If you look around the exterior they often use four rust-prone screws, and leave the other dozen or so holes unused.

I pop them off and examine their seal (if any).

They can be made much more air tight depending on how creative you want to get.

On some, weather strip will do.

Also if they are the lame dome shaped Plexiglass,

you can retro fit to Dual pane clear and apply film as the sizes are fairly standard and Lowes Hdw will order Glass replacements that require only a screw driver to replace.

To answer yer question though, I've not pushed it as there are some risks to ladder work.

To answer yer question though, I've not pushed it as there are some risks to ladder work.

When I first started tinting, I used to love doing skylights. Then I started to hate them for some reason.... now I'm back to not minding them. :lol2

Hence why I figured I'd push them... Still planning too - just haven't yet.

-R

A few years ago we did a valpac direct mail coupon for skylite tinting and other fg tinting. We spent like 1200.00 for a 75k mailing. The best I can remember, we did not get a good return on the add.

Archived