LLumar CTX film

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a 2010 Volkswagon GTI with some the other day and thought it shrunk nicely. Apparently that one isn't as hard as the ones before it but there was definitely some shrinking involved. Got it first try in one piece and it was the first thing I used it on. Shrinks better than ATC, I never used ATX and it's been a while since I've used ATR so I won't comment on that. Really cool looking stuff by the way.

I have used Llumar PP, AT, ATC, ATR, Centaur along with GLobal, Suntek Johnson, Geoshield and Solar Gard and CTX is easiest film I have ever worked with. I do about 150-175 cars a month with it Sticks to the dots and have never had any come backs. Sometimes I let the dots dry out and spray water only on it and it sticks with not problems. The way I shrink the back glass is I use dryer sheets with an "H" pattern. I also use a wet strip down the middle of the glass separating it into 4 sections. Heat the edge of the film until edge of the tint seals and forms a pillow of air. Then I use circular motion with my heat gun going over the pillow and film lays down perfect every time. Squeeze it and done, I do not have to worry about fingers or anything.

Guest fatcat

I just had my car tinted with Llumar CTX 15 (all windows but windshield). The car looked amazing when I picked it up - no blue color, looked very charcoal black.

I drove my car today in the day light and noticed really bad reflections inside the car - like I can see my arms, the watch on my wrist and dashboard reflected in the front driver's window and a front passenger's seat in the front passenger's window. A few times I even lost a sight of my side mirrors.

It got slightly better when the sun was up around 1pm. I did a lot of research and do not think someone complained on forums about that effect. I know that this is expected on a cheap metalized films but I did not expect that on a high grade ceramic film.

Can you guys explain if it is something expected on this film?

Thanks!

I just had my car tinted with Llumar CTX 15 (all windows but windshield). The car looked amazing when I picked it up - no blue color (Blue color can be seen best under florescent lighting), looked very charcoal black. Yes, it's a very nice looking film.

I drove my car today in the day light and noticed really bad reflections inside the car Yes the CTX has internal reflectivity - like I can see my arms, the watch on my wrist and dashboard reflected in the front driver's window and a front passenger's seat in the front passenger's window. A few times I even lost a sight of my side mirrors.Take the 15 off the front doors and replace it with ATR (legal shade).

It got slightly better when the sun was up around 1pm. I did a lot of research and do not think someone complained on forums about that effect. I know that this is expected on a cheap metalized films (ha, define cheap metal film because LLumar's ATR series is one of the most successful auto films the industry has see and it's a dye/metal hybrid) but I did not expect that on a high grade ceramic film.

Thanks!

Guest fatcat

I just had my car tinted with Llumar CTX 15 (all windows but windshield). The car looked amazing when I picked it up - no blue color (Blue color can be seen best under florescent lighting), looked very charcoal black. Yes, it's a very nice looking film.

I drove my car today in the day light and noticed really bad reflections inside the car Yes the CTX has internal reflectivity - like I can see my arms, the watch on my wrist and dashboard reflected in the front driver's window and a front passenger's seat in the front passenger's window. A few times I even lost a sight of my side mirrors.Take the 15 off the front doors and replace it with ATR (legal shade).

It got slightly better when the sun was up around 1pm. I did a lot of research and do not think someone complained on forums about that effect. I know that this is expected on a cheap metalized films (ha, define cheap metal film because LLumar's ATR series is one of the most successful auto films the industry has see and it's a dye/metal hybrid) but I did not expect that on a high grade ceramic film.

Thanks!

Thanks Smartie! I did not mean to call LLumar cheap :) I meant that Llumar is supposed to be better than cheap metal films. They did not tell me in the shop about internal reflectivity at all at may me my car is special but it is really bad. Every time I peak at side mirrors, my eyes are confused because they see dashboard reflected in the side mirror first.

Thanks about suggestions to put ATR on front doors. Do you think though that ATR will appear in the same color?

I agree that the film looks amazing from the outside and the shop did the great job installing it but I cannot pass that issue with reflections. I had 3 tinted cars with dyed films and never had these issues before.

Guest fatcat

well I decided to take off the whole damn thing - I am really disappointed in CTX and the shop wants to charge me now to put a different film. I hope someone else will see this before shelling out money on CTX.

I imagine it's probably more the owner than the car. I have installed rolls upon rolls of CTX 15 and never had a single person mention anything about the reflectiveness. I'm talking an easy 200-300 cars. While I notice it, it's not bothersome in the slightest. ATR will not have the same look, the CTX is much nicer looking than the ATR as it seems smoother, clearer and blacker in color than the ATR. Pretty much you are complaining about the best of the best. If you don't like it, you might try ATC that will have a similar look without the reflection, and without the heat rejection.

Archived