LLumar CTX film

Guest fatcat

I imagine it's probably more the owner than the car. I have installed rolls upon rolls of CTX 15 and never had a single person mention anything about the reflectiveness. I'm talking an easy 200-300 cars. While I notice it, it's not bothersome in the slightest. ATR will not have the same look, the CTX is much nicer looking than the ATR as it seems smoother, clearer and blacker in color than the ATR. Pretty much you are complaining about the best of the best. If you don't like it, you might try ATC that will have a similar look without the reflection, and without the heat rejection.

I believe you and I spent a lot of time researching before I decided on CTX. I had three tinted cars and all of them reflect things slightly from the inside but not as bad as CTX. Maybe it has something to do with ceramic/metallized technology but it is just not safe to drive when your eyes confused to see dashboard reflection in the side mirror.

I also wish someone told me that before I put it on my car and spent $$

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the OP, I find it shrinks just like ATC, which is a good thing because I've used some more expensive films that were a bit frustrating to work with. Here are some more difficult shrinks in CTX

2g Talon

5d9d8b80.jpg

c6

bda2210e.jpg

IS doors

b6477a28.jpg

c6

77dada72.jpg

c6

2011-03-22153805_Albuquerque_NewMexico_US.jpg

Neon

b978f802.jpg

I imagine it's probably more the owner than the car. I have installed rolls upon rolls of CTX 15 and never had a single person mention anything about the reflectiveness. I'm talking an easy 200-300 cars. While I notice it, it's not bothersome in the slightest. ATR will not have the same look, the CTX is much nicer looking than the ATR as it seems smoother, clearer and blacker in color than the ATR. Pretty much you are complaining about the best of the best. If you don't like it, you might try ATC that will have a similar look without the reflection, and without the heat rejection.

I believe you and I spent a lot of time researching before I decided on CTX. I had three tinted cars and all of them reflect things slightly from the inside but not as bad as CTX. Maybe it has something to do with ceramic/metallized technology but it is just not safe to drive when your eyes confused to see dashboard reflection in the side mirror.

I don't tell my customers about it because it's a non-issue. Again, several hundred cars tinted, not a single mention of it, it's probably not the film and it's definitely not a safety issue because if it was the film, I doubt I would have so many people requesting it on their 2nd and 3rd vehicles. It's quite possible you are more sensitive to it than 99.99% of people out there, but there is no fault in the shop because they probably install miles of it without a complaint much like most shops selling CTX.

well I decided to take off the whole damn thing - I am really disappointed in CTX and the shop wants to charge me now to put a different film. I hope someone else will see this before shelling out money on CTX.

formula one pinnacle may be another option for you. has les interior reflection and superior heat rejection. but llumar ATC will get you the look u want but without the high heat rejection.

well I decided to take off the whole damn thing - I am really disappointed in CTX and the shop wants to charge me now to put a different film. I hope someone else will see this before shelling out money on CTX.

formula one pinnacle may be another option for you. has les interior reflection and superior heat rejection. but llumar ATC will get you the look u want but without the high heat rejection.

Good thinking.

Guest fatcat

thanks, guys. The funny thing I was torn between formulaone and ctx and the difference in $50 convinced me to go with ctx. now I need to pay again :(

I took some pictures today - can you take a look and tell me if this looks okay to you? The reflections you can see below is something I see under pretty much any angle and it is even worse under indirect sun light between 10am and noon and between 4 and 6pm.

IMG_20120612_180631.jpg

IMG_20120612_180646.jpg

IMG_20120612_180707.jpg

IMG_20120612_180825.jpg

IMG_20120612_181111.jpg

IMG_20120612_181123.jpg

IMG_20120612_181435.jpg

I don't tell my customers about it because it's a non-issue. Again, several hundred cars tinted, not a single mention of it, it's probably not the film and it's definitely not a safety issue because if it was the film, I doubt I would have so many people requesting it on their 2nd and 3rd vehicles. It's quite possible you are more sensitive to it than 99.99% of people out there, but there is no fault in the shop because they probably install miles of it without a complaint much like most shops selling CTX.

I never had a complaint about it, except for the price. But this is one of the best film on the market. Most of my friends and family member have the CTX and love it.

I am not sure if any type of film would help out, it might help a little but not much. The darker the film the more noticeable it is.

I took some pictures today - can you take a look and tell me if this looks okay to you? The reflections you can see below is something I see under pretty much any angle and it is even worse under indirect sun light between 10am and noon and between 4 and 6pm.

Yes, that is what I see with my CTX; however, I've grown accustom to it. Like you said, it really is brief in its appearance and today for me and others, it is a non issue.

That said and based on the low number of those who raise the issue, not everyone is able to get beyond looking at the glass/film rather than through it. I would like to believe that the manufacturer of the product would have had enough complaints to prompt a change by now since the existing product has been on the market for 3-4 years.

For those that are unable to adjust, it is best to remedy through use of another film or by removing the film altogether.

I never had a complaint about it, except for the price. But this is one of the best film on the market. Most of my friends and family member have the CTX and love it.

I am not sure if any type of film would help out, it might help a little but not much. The darker the film the more noticeable it is.

x2

While this isn't necessarily related to tint, it's a great commentary on what customers expect now days.

we need an SUV made by ferrari, engineered by porsche, that looks like an aston martin, but is the size of an accord, but is as safe as a volvo, but gets the fuel mileage of a prius, with the handling of an ariel atom, with the towing capacity of a powerstroke, and the internal volume of a dodge magnum, all out of renewable resources that have every characteristic of leather, titanium, wood, and carbon fiber.

for $15,999

problem solved.

Archived