Looking to buy tint..

Guest Nate101

Guest Nate101

I may sound new at this buy I have a 2005 blue chevy cobalt, and I'm looking into buying tints. I know one thing for sure, I want to install them myself due to being cheaper (so I've heard), I was just looking around and I've seen some pretty sketch things (ie: prices ranging from $25-100 for full tint), and was wondering what people though of what brands (im looking for precut tints). Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this.

Guest scottydosnntkno

buying them yourself is NOT going to save you money. Most likely, you will go through several kits until you actually get the film on the glass somewhat properly. even then, its not going to look nearly as good as if you just took it to a pro in the first place.

Don't come on a forum of professional window tinters and ask a question about how to save yourself money, and take money away from us.

My advice would be to have a professional do it. Pay a pro 150-200 to do it right the first time and be happy, or spend the same doing and re-doing the job yourself and be angry. That being said, You can get a good film for around 3-5 for 20"for doors & 5-10 for 40" for B.G. per foot in most areas. Do a search for brands people prefer :dunno .

Guest Nate101
buying them yourself is NOT going to save you money. Most likely, you will go through several kits until you actually get the film on the glass somewhat properly. even then, its not going to look nearly as good as if you just took it to a pro in the first place.

Don't come on a forum of professional window tinters and ask a question about how to save yourself money, and take money away from us.

I didn't mean it like that, and I don't mind paying an extra 50-60 to get the job done but I thought that the only window tinter in my area was about 50-60 miles away but now that I look at it I actually see one a little closer. What would the price range I should be looking at for a cobalt sedan? Are the prices really that much different? (what I mean is should I be looking in the 100+ range or the 200+ range?)

For a two door car look to spend on a pay grade from $169 to $220 depending on the film you choose. If you want the best Huper Optik is the way to go.

Guest Nate101
For a two door car look to spend on a pay grade from $169 to $220 depending on the film you choose. If you want the best Huper Optik is the way to go.

im not looking for expensive or high quality, its a 4 door cobalt, ill be fine with something standard that wont look ridiculously bad, but anyways I sent a email to a auto shop here in town that might do tinting, and see if I could get a price check, but just so I can at least have some sort of source here, what should be things I should ask about and look for in a quality film (basically something thatll last me 5-10 years is fine with me, which this shop gives 5 year for the standard and 10 year for the quality films? I don't know the difference between the two according to the shop but I'll try to ask).

im not looking for expensive or high quality, its a 4 door cobalt, ill be fine with something standard that wont look ridiculously bad, but anyways I sent a email to a auto shop here in town that might do tinting, and see if I could get a price check, but just so I can at least have some sort of source here, what should be things I should ask about and look for in a quality film (basically something thatll last me 5-10 years is fine with me, which this shop gives 5 year for the standard and 10 year for the quality films? I don't know the difference between the two according to the shop but I'll try to ask).

It doesnt seem like you give a damn so do what you want.

There are VERY few (if any) auto films that will actually last 10 years. You will need to purchase a film with a lifetime warranty (which means nothing if the installing company shuts its doors) to get close to 5+ years. Talk to the shop about your options, and make sure they didnt open up last week.

Archived