Johnson Greystone

Guest Mo Evo

Guest Mo Evo

I've been using JWF Greystone line for about 2 weeks now. The first roll of film I purchased was a GSN20. I did 5 cars...2010 Altima, 2010 Corolla, 2009 Sonata, 2006 E350, 2002 Jaguar s-type. On 3 of the cars I had a horrible experience with shrinking and installing back glass's, especially the Sonata. I do a dry shrink with bounce dryer sheets and couldn't get the film to lay down at all on the outside, then install was worse, it kept curling up and not sticking on the sides. It was REALLY bad. They sent me a new roll and have done just one car, a 2010 C350 with it and it worked fine, but that's an easy back glass. Today I did a 2010 Altima in GSN10% and had real problems with peanuts on the defrost lines, and I always use 000 steel wool on the grid. After shrinking and cutting to size on the outside of the back glass, the film would not stay down...it kept coming up from the corners. After coming from Madico, this is a real shock. I had no such problems with those films and only switched because of customer service and price, but I'm seriously thinking of chucking this stuff and returning to Madico. Howard sent me a bit of Express and it worked very well. It may seem strange, but I didn't like the boxes the Express comes in. Their one piece and don't work well when stretching the film across the outside of the back glass. I'm in a real quandry of what to do. Anyone have any advice on what I could possibly be doing wrong with Johnson's?? I like the film color and smooth, non grainy installs.

I would go with Express True Black and use a dry shrink with a bar of soap. Also use the slip-tack solution for TB instead of baby shampoo after you get the hang of using True Black you wont go back. Awesome film to work with! If you dont like the boxes swap them with your Johnson or Madico boxes. :popcorn

We had trouble with some rolls of marathon doing the same thing.We called our rep and they sent new rolls and its fine. Curling is almost always from the roll being rolled to tight on the master roll and then it will want to fold back on itself when you peel the liner.

Guest tint325i

strange one, I've been using greystone since it came out and dont remember ever having that problem, possibly a faulty roll as has been said, or shrinking method, I dry shrink with either talc or mdog soap method

You sure you're not talking about llumar? :bingo

:bat

I use llumar all the time. :lol shelves are stocked with llumar and greystone. I just get sick of having to pick llumar up off the floor because the shiat won't stay on my peelers. :lol:lol

Guest tintec

ive been using greystone nearly 4 years now and never had a problem like that,soap shrink method I use,have used llumar and it curls and puckers alright,ive recently switched to carbon only because it sticks better around matrix as greystone dosent,still a great film though never had any peel ups etc.. with it :bingo

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I've never encountered a problem with the Greystone like that. I had that problem with Suntek Carbon, I would put the car outside to dry and the back glass would curl up.

Archived