backwindow on intrepid and 300

Guest andygarcia

Guest andygarcia

ive been tinting for 6yrs and ive never came across these bubbles that dont form until 5 to ten mins after I lay the film .they only form on the two sides of the back glass from top to bottom.I cant get them to stay down or out.ive heated them but that only seems to make them worse.so I tried cutting abouttwo inches along them underneath the heater lines and that wasnt to much better.this is the third time this guy has to bring his car back and I really am stuck.

Guest andygarcia
ive been tinting for 6yrs and ive never came across these bubbles that dont form until 5 to ten mins after I lay the film .they only form on the two sides of the back glass from top to bottom.I cant get them to stay down or out.ive heated them but that only seems to make them worse.so I tried cutting abouttwo inches along them underneath the heater lines and that wasnt to much better.this is the third time this guy has to bring his car back and I really am stuck.

Guest andygarcia
Hey Andy welcome to TD :bingo What kind of film are you using and how are forming the film.... wet - dry?

I am forming it dry and using Soltek.

Hey Andy welcome to TD :bingo What kind of film are you using and how are forming the film.... wet - dry?

I am forming it dry and using Soltek.

Are you anchoring the film vertically if so keep the clear glass area free from moisture as this usually means you are wet shrinking which is what creates this problem

Not sure if were talking about the same thing but once when I anchor the wet line vertically and dry shrink it sometimes tends not to lay down when installing the film but when I anchor it wet in a H pattern then dry shrink It tends to lay better and it happened on a DODGE charger when I was shrinking, not all cars I wet a H anchor line but I tint at the dodge dealership and noticed it happened on the CHARGER and 300...hope that helps

Guest GreenCove

sounds like rough/thick defroster lines ...should be able to put it in the sun and go back over them and they should lay...if you have to redo it then 0000 steel wool that somebatch first :spit

Guest andygarcia

thank you to all that had info for me I honestly tried all of those things and well they still ended up not going away.thank you .

Archived