UVDLS to get NFRC Certification

Guest vclimber

Guest vclimber

WFM reports that SunTek UVDLS will be getting NFRC Certification. Cool, now we get to see the real #'s. Let's compare:

UVDLS 50 Spec Card (Assuming 3mm clear):

VLT= 54%

SA= 39%

VLRI= 9%

VLRE= 10%

TSER= 53%

SC= 0.54

SHGC= Not Listed (but it should be .47 according to the TSER)

UVDLS 50 in the IGDB (3mm Clear):

VLT= 54% (no change)

SA= 43.7% :copcar

VLRI= 16.9% :spit

VLRE= 16.4% :spit

TSER= 49% :thumb

SC= 0.59 :beer

SHGC=.507 :spit

Wow, can't wait till the 40 gets posted. :lol2

Guest vclimber

Check out the UVDLS 70

UVDLS 50 Spec Card (Assuming 3mm clear):

VLT= 67%

SA= 39%

VLRI= 8%

VLRE= 9%

TSER= 43%

SC= 0.66

SHGC= Not Listed (but it should be .57 according to the TSER)

UVDLS 70 in the IGDB (3mm Clear):

VLT= 64%

SA= 39.5%

VLRI= 9.5%

VLRE= 10%

TSER= 36% :spit

SC= 0.74 :copcar

SHGC=.638 :thumb

36%... 43% TSER hey, they were close. :spit

Guest vclimber
This is the beautiful thing about NFRC, props to them for earning the rating :spit Now we can have some fun on a level playing field.

That's what NFRC Certification is for. It's a double edge sword though... as in this case if you certify your products, then everyone can see how misleading the original performance data was. Some of that disparity is pretty bad, hard to believe it could be accidental. :copcar

They made the right choice though, hopefully they'll update their #'s on the marketing materials. :spit

Although my films numbers have gone down, I agree with ALL films going through NFRC, and I am SOOOO looking forward to ST Ultravision going through. I have lost 2 bids this year against that film, and it was all based on numbers. AND, the customers understood it was not certified through the NFRC. Sweet!

Although my films numbers have gone down, I agree with ALL films going through NFRC, and I am SOOOO looking forward to ST Ultravision going through. I have lost 2 bids this year against that film, and it was all based on numbers. AND, the customers understood it was not certified through the NFRC. Sweet!

simply because the customers do not care about NFRC certification its whatever is printed on those spec sheets that sells them. You could ramble on all day about how that film is not NFRC rated and they don't care :spit

I believe the ULVDS40 nfrc numbers are already printed on the new spec cards, I'll check in the morning but If I remember correctly the tser went down a few%. Regardless of the numbers dropping a few just like every other manufacturer that goes NFRC. ULVDS is a beautiful film that doesn't have much more reflectance than the daul pane IG's im putting it on & the price is great ! :spit

simply because the customers do not care about NFRC certification its whatever is printed on those spec sheets that sells them. You could ramble on all day about how that film is not NFRC rated and they don't care :spit

When it comes to these ratings it depends on the end user and the person selling it. I regularly see NFRC rated films required for commercial bids. All I know is there is a reason they chose to spend the money involved in getting their products rated and if they didn't see a purpose to it they wouldn't. I think its great that they have earned this rating and it shows they are to be taken seriously.

So we now have products rated from CP, Madico, Southwall, 3M, Bekaert, Johnson and Commonwealth. Its encouraging.

Archived