UVDLS to get NFRC Certification

Guest vclimber

Guest vclimber
I believe the ULVDS40 nfrc numbers are already printed on the new spec cards, I'll check in the morning but If I remember correctly the tser went down a few%. Regardless of the numbers dropping a few just like every other manufacturer that goes NFRC. ULVDS is a beautiful film that doesn't have much more reflectance than the daul pane IG's im putting it on & the price is great ! :thumb

A couple of things to keep in mind...

First, the numbers I posted are not the same #'s you will see on an NFRC label. The NFRC labels contain performance measurements that include the window frame in the calculation. This is why you see most film's performance numbers actually go up because the old way of measuring was just the glass only without the window frame.

These numbers posted above are without the window frame. Typically MFG's will measure film performance on 1/4" (3mm) clear glass (unless otherwise specified) and then publish the results on the performance data cards (spec cards) that we show to the customer. This is what you see on most spec cards including SunTek's. What I did is took the published #'s from the ULVDs 50 & 70 cards and compared them to the measurements that CLC submitted to the LBNL database which is the precurser to NFRC Cert. These measurements are the "real" performance data #'s on 1/4" clear glass. MFG's can't fudge these #'s or take any liberties or they will get busted when the independent labs go to verify their findings. So if you see any significant disparities the LBNL database #'s and the #'s on a spec card, you can conclude that the MFG either used a different type of glass for their testing or they are not reporting the true performance of their products.

So for instance, take a look at the VLR #'s on the ULVDS 50 above. Why did they put 9% & 10% on the spec cards and then change their minds and report 16% VLR for NFRC certification? Did they change the composition of the film all of the sudden? Or were they reporting a much lower reflectivity figure than what the film actually is? :lol2

The same could be asked of the TSER #'s... Look at the UVDS 70 and assuming that these numbers are for clear 3mm glass (because that is standard and no other glass sec was noted) why did they publish that the film had a TSER of 43% when it was really 36%? :copcar

Although my films numbers have gone down, I agree with ALL films going through NFRC, and I am SOOOO looking forward to ST Ultravision going through. I have lost 2 bids this year against that film, and it was all based on numbers. AND, the customers understood it was not certified through the NFRC. Sweet!

simply because the customers do not care about NFRC certification its whatever is printed on those spec sheets that sells them. You could ramble on all day about how that film is not NFRC rated and they don't care :copcar

I disagree

If you explain who they are, what they do, and why they are important, the customer is interested. The customer WILL ask your competior about this if you explain it correctly

Guest vclimber
Although my films numbers have gone down, I agree with ALL films going through NFRC, and I am SOOOO looking forward to ST Ultravision going through. I have lost 2 bids this year against that film, and it was all based on numbers. AND, the customers understood it was not certified through the NFRC. Sweet!

simply because the customers do not care about NFRC certification its whatever is printed on those spec sheets that sells them. You could ramble on all day about how that film is not NFRC rated and they don't care dunno.gif

I disagree

If you explain who they are, what they do, and why they are important, the customer is interested. The customer WILL ask your competior about this if you explain it correctly

:passout

As you can see from the above examples there is a lot of deceptive advertising going on.

simply because the customers do not care about NFRC certification its whatever is printed on those spec sheets that sells them. You could ramble on all day about how that film is not NFRC rated and they don't care :passout

I disagree

:mad

As you can see from the above examples there is a lot of deceptive advertising going on.

Exaggerated claims, both auto and flat, from the bargain suppliers, have been a way of life for many years.

Guest vclimber

True, but not knowing that something is bogus is one thing, but it is a far different deal when you have window film dealers running around acting like tint gods selling this stuff when they know the numbers are inflated. So now everyone knows the truth.

I think it is up to us to raise the bs flag on companies that mislead or print outright false information. :evilgrin

True, but not knowing that something is bogus is one thing, but it is a far different deal when you have window film dealers running around acting like tint gods selling this stuff when they know the numbers are inflated. So now everyone knows the truth.

I think it is up to us to raise the bs flag on companies that mislead or print outright false information. :evilgrin

you are gonna need a pretty big flag. You may need to hire some one to help you with all that wavin

So you don't think NFRC keeps things in check in regards to specifications? I mean regardless, having specs change is a good indicator it is doing something to ensure a product is performing as advertised.

Its a start either way...

Guest vclimber

I think it is up to us to raise the bs flag on companies that mislead or print outright false information. :dunno

you are gonna need a pretty big flag. You may need to hire some one to help you with all that wavin

:beer

they all do it. so it is hard to single out just one or two.

Actually, it is pretty easy. Some round up some round down and there were some adjustments in performance because of the NFRC's requirement for mounted glass which made for about a 2% change. No big deal...

Then you have SunTek advertising the UVDLS 50 VLRI on their spec card as 9% when it was really 16.9% that almost a 100% increase! It's pretty easy to single this one out. I mean really, how does VLR change that much? It doesn't.

Same with the TSER on the UVDLS 70 advertised at 43% when in reality it is 36% that's a huge spread. They could have gotten by with 38% maybe 39% but they went and tried to make this stuff look like wonder film when it is really nothing special. It is stuff like this that will hurt window film's reputation, not help it.

Like I said... I can't wait until the 40 hits the list.

I think it is up to us to raise the bs flag on companies that mislead or print outright false information. :thumb

:thumb

they all do it. so it is hard to single out just one or two.

Actually, it is pretty easy. Some round up some round down and there were some adjustments in performance because of the NFRC's requirement for mounted glass which made for about a 2% change. No big deal...

Then you have SunTek advertising the UVDLS 50 VLRI on their spec card as 9% when it was really 16.9% that almost a 100% increase! It's pretty easy to single this one out. I mean really, how does VLR change that much? It doesn't.

Same with the TSER on the UVDLS 70 advertised at 43% when in reality it is 36% that's a huge spread. They could have gotten by with 38% maybe 39% but they went and tried to make this stuff look like wonder film when it is really nothing special. It is stuff like this that will hurt window film's reputation, not help it.

Like I said... I can't wait until the 40 hits the list.

To have been a fly on the wall in the board room would have been funny.The big wiggs most certainly had their hands tied when the first manny submitted to the NFRC. Then knowing they HAD to as well......OHH.. SHIZ. This is all well and good now but at some point the guys with the most $ and the most creative marketing dept WILL find a way to screw with the #s

Archived