Funny Things you tell the customer

Guest Scottsfire

I can be a smartazz with a warped sense of humour that some just don't get :eyebrows I told a custy once who said after I gave him a price and in shock he says "do you have anything cheaper "? " I want as dark as you can go but a cheaper price would be good".

I Replied, " I actually do, I carry in stock a "personalized tint " that's real dark , it includes the windshield as well and I asked the local police if it's alright to be driving around with such a dark shade and the police said sure! The custy is all excited and asked how much , I replied $50 , he says "great!" , I hand him over my sunglasses and say will that be cheque or cash?

. He wasn't impressed :whisper

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can be a smartazz with a warped sense of humour that some just don't get :gasp I told a custy once who said after I gave him a price and in shock he says "do you have anything cheaper "? " I want as dark as you can go but a cheaper price would be good".

I Replied, " I actually do, I carry in stock a "personalized tint " that's real dark , it includes the windshield as well and I asked the local police if it's alright to be driving around with such a dark shade and the police said sure! The custy is all excited and asked how much , I replied $50 , he says "great!" , I hand him over my sunglasses and say will that be cheque or cash?

. He wasn't impressed :whisper

:eyebrows

I always get asked what my solution is and I reply water and battery acid and they are like battery acid really :whisper I say it's a great adhesive promoter :gasp

No word of a lie, I had a guy come in yesterday with a 94 Ranger, no slider and his buddy winted the rear window (the smallest flattest easiest back window that exists with lots of black border) BUTCHERED the window bu the funny thing is, the guy used 3/4 of a bottle of sunlight dishsoap for that 1 window ! :eyebrows

Most of the time someone who already knows me will ask what I will charge them, I will tell them "Two Thousand dollars"! but I will give them a discount!

This week a co-worker had got a price for her daughter in law's car, I had finished the car, and the girl asked me what she owed me. I told her "Three Thousand dollars!" She told me she didn't have that much and I told her, "OK, two thousand dollars then".....

Two thousands dollars just rolls off the tongue so nicely!

I usually find the truth funny enough....

They always poke around wanting to know what my 'secret solution' in the bottle is..... so after making them wait a bit I agree to tell them.....

Kind of in a softer tone so it's like I'm letting them in on a big secret.... then they hear ' about a teaspoon of baby shampoo and purified water '

:eyebrows

gets them every time!

we had a guy that worked here years ago, real winner. a customer called to see if the car was done then asked how it came out. keep in mind he was the real picky better then thou type. our guy says well we got the fire out real quick but the windows look great. I thought it was funny but needless to say that didnt go over well.

Archived