Funny Things you tell the customer

Guest Scottsfire

This was a tinter I worked with in Vegas that told this story to me. Tinted a lady's car that was using the inspector gadget up close and personal inspection on the tint. She pointed out some very small specs and he told her, Oh those are just glue seeds from the adhesive on the film. She smiled and said ok looks great and left happy as can be. :thumb

man I love this one :dunno I'm going to try it :dunno

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I Always get the obvious " So that goes on the outside" while shrinking to my reply of no sir it goes on the inside . The glass is porous like your skin and the dye in the film when heated will soak thru the pores int he glass and get trapped when they cool causing the window to appear darker . Then I get the O is that how they do it at the dealer . " Nope they cut the glass out and dip it in dye and glue it back in"

just when I think I have a favorite this post shows :dunno :dunno :thumb

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I always get customers with the opposite, I tell the good looking women "Don't go past 40mph for a month or it will blow off and can cause a crash if it hits the car behind you." You would never believe how many say "for reals" or yeah I've heard about that.

Guest Scottsfire
Sometimes when I do a visor on the windshield I tell them to not use their windshield wipers for a week. :dunno lol

That had me rolling with laughter......great one!

Guest tintcity

After I tint a car or whatever it may be that also has a windshield strip I tell them do not roll down the front windshield for 3 days.Its scarey how many gullible(sp)people there are in this world.

I love tinting an office door or a home front door and telling the customer not to open the door for an hour or a day,had a office full of people go crazy once,they were screamming 'I have to goto lunch',ect.

love telling people dont roll down your windows for a day or put you car in reverse :poke the stupid look on their face's while their thinking about it.

Guest 4G63

Having a baby face and being young anyway, I always get "So how long have you been doing this?". I usually reply "Since about 8:30 this morning."

Archived