cleaning and maintaining film after installation

Guest Darknesswithin

Guest scottydosnntkno

I use plexus to polish the film. Its awesome, and takes out some of the fine scratches you sometimes get from a squeegee

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tint Legend
Tint Legend your regular nasty monthly post about me make about as much sense as this thread at times. :spit You claim not to know who I am or know me or anything about me so whats the deal with all the snarky remarks? So I make a buck off a 2 buck can of glass cleaner big deal. If memory serves me last month you said I was the number 1 or possibly number 2 worst scourge in the tinting business :embar At any rate sorry for the way you feel......

Anyone use Plexus to shine the film up after install? I have been using it for heat forming also and am getting to like it!! It makes the window look nice and very slick :mad

$1.00 is not huge now 29.95 would be huge :lol2

My negative OPINION was of tint schools, dvd sellers and the such creating hacks on the street, nothing personal. And yes I think those types are the number 1 problem in the industry today. I see posts all over this place with people expressing there opinions of whats wrong with the industry, so I gave mine :mad

I use dry wax instead of soap or plexus for my dry shrink heat forming and love it and just the regular sprayway for cleanup :spit

Another three things to consider:

1) Never dry your window cleaning towels w/dryer sheets.

The waxy residue makes the use of harsh chemicals imperative and still takes longer to beat down all the smear marks.

2) I have been known to dilute by 1/2 Blue Windex Cleaner as insurance against this possible issue.

3) For cars, I also tell those who express a concern that they may consider cleaning slightly dirty tinted-windows by applying the cleaner to the TOWEL not the Film so as to minimize the amount coming in contact with the film.

And to the youngsters following along:

I apologize for using capitalization, and punctuation. Bad habit I learned a long time ago.

Archived