window tint question

Guest fast89rs@gmail.com

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Darknesswithin
that carpet shield sounds like a really good idea. whats up with tint pimp he hitting the bottle early tonight haha, Im figuring ill order the 36''x100 to start out with I got some friends that got busted for haven there tint 20 pecent and the state patrol is enforcing 35%, I dont blame them. I Figure 15 bucks a window not to bad that'd be 30 bucks for 2 cars windows for instance a 1998 mustang. I know around here they charge 70, I'm not tring to cut people throats, but then again I'm not opening up a huge shop either. Just something to build on, takes practice a buddys gf's gets a new ride you guys follow me.

the carpet shield works very well,, if I could figure out how to post up a video I would,,

I wouldn't advise tinting illegal, just leave that to the other guys theres plenty of them doing that everywhere!

post up a few pics of your work in the tinted car section...... let us see your work,, :dunno

Guest fast89rs@gmail.com

Im from Georgia, I appreciate you guys input. I'm not here to cut throats. I will take a couple pictures of what I have done I did my crown victoria about 8 months ago I baught some johnson offline that some guy was salen or going outta business but you can't depend on that I have had a couple vehicles tinted by it I have never had it turn purple BUT I have noticed it to dull a little maybe it's just me, people usen the windex with the amonia deserves it, I heard regular rubbing alchol is good to clean windows with? anyways yeah

Guest Darknesswithin
You are giving a lot of pointers without knowing where he is from...

I do...is it wrong? I use Joy or Dawn dish/hand soap.

I could careless where he's from,,, just trying to help another fellow tinter, I'll help anyone for that matter if I can! ... maybe I am giving alot of pointers and maybe I shouldn't do that but I remember when I first started, every tinter I asked for help was a total jerk to me and I just refuse to walk the same path!

#1 reason I don't use a dish soap is because they contain detergents and can be harmful to adhesive systems

Guest fast89rs@gmail.com

oh hell I must be messing up, b/c I use johnson baby shampoo it makes it easier for me to work with that gila stuff they sale like tint on is junk hard to work with but im still a rookie when I first started I cudnt even peel the liner off without it clingn to itself I cant rem how many rolls I threw away lol

Guest Darknesswithin
Im from Georgia, I appreciate you guys input. I'm not here to cut throats. I will take a couple pictures of what I have done I did my crown victoria about 8 months ago I baught some johnson offline that some guy was salen or going outta business but you can't depend on that I have had a couple vehicles tinted by it I have never had it turn purple BUT I have noticed it to dull a little maybe it's just me, people usen the windex with the amonia deserves it, I heard regular rubbing alchol is good to clean windows with? anyways yeah
oh hell I must be messing up, b/c I use johnson baby shampoo it makes it easier for me to work with that gila stuff they sale like tint on is junk hard to work with but im still a rookie when I first started I cudnt even peel the liner off without it clingn to itself I cant rem how many rolls I threw away lol

I have a friend in Ga that is an execellent window tinter,, Very good in my book! ,,, lives in Warner Robins.....

J/J is the best thing to use for a slip solution... LOL ,, you'll get the hang of removing th release liner it takes practice,,,

Guest fast89rs@gmail.com

I live in North Georgia Mountain part, prob 100 miles from there. Only a couple window tinters in Tri county area maybe get my foot in the door in couple years but im a electrician by trade but times are bad and I went for a job interview maken a 1/3 of what im use to a persons gotta do something. I agree there are alot of them window tintes that do the illegal stuff 5 percent all around 35 percent on the glass I was driving my friends truck home from a bar one night was the dd it started raining holy crap like helen keller

Guest Darknesswithin
I live in North Georgia Mountain part, prob 100 miles from there. Only a couple window tinters in Tri county area maybe get my foot in the door in couple years but im a electrician by trade but times are bad and I went for a job interview maken a 1/3 of what im use to a persons gotta do something. I agree there are alot of them window tintes that do the illegal stuff 5 percent all around 35 percent on the glass I was driving my friends truck home from a bar one night was the dd it started raining holy crap like helen keller

LOL ,,, no doubt! heavily died films are hard to see out of at night, I rolled around with dark films for 17 yrs,, pulled that crap off my windows and have been legal for the state I reside in now for 6 years now,,,, I'll Never have dark tint on my ride ever again,,, beside I have better heat rejection with the film I have now opposed to back then,,,, and Can see out my windows at night! ,,

starting out tinting windows for the first time will do one thing or another to you,, frustrate you to the put of never wanting to do it again :dunno or you'll find a passion for it like most of us and can't live without it...

take it in strides ,,, always make sure you do the right thing according to your state laws and you and your customers will be fine!

Guest fast89rs@gmail.com

yeah Back about 5 years ago Georgia Dropped there window tint law for a couple years someone sued them or something, well EVERYONE was getting 5 percent well in 2008 they were hot writing them big tickets haha. They are also big on pulling former police cars over like they sale at auction b/c there blacked out, they pulled me over I done my car right 5 on back glass and back 2 doors and 35 on front doors state patrol ate his words and said your the only one that done it legal haha, he didn't even run my license. But besides that I got some new tools comen to see if they ease the hardness at some points, I also learned about cracked wind shields and front strips from this forum thats a good ass saver for that horror story you should tell in future.

Guest Darknesswithin

don't be fooled by thinking law enforcement won't write citations on tint,, they do crack downs from time to time.. just depends on there revenue coming in at the time, times are hard so there looking for reasons to pull someone over.

here in Fl they have introduced a seat belt law and if you have any tint on your car you are subject to get stopped at anytime.. and this is the kicker, if you have illegal film you gonna get both! even if you did have your seat belt on you can't prove it(if they can't see the seat belt they will say you put it on as you where being pulled over) 2 citations!

Archived