ordering tools

I usually order all my tools from Solar Control Inc. in St. Louis or Howard at Buy Tint but had a tool emergency and needed a few tools real fast so I ordered from my old supplier who is much closer to me. I ordered a very small number of tools including 2 boarder cutters to help new tinters with edges. The boarder cutters can be bought anywhere for around 10 bucks soooo I just placed the order with the service center. Imagine my surprise when I was charged 40 bucks each for the cutters!!!! I called about the something like 400% price increase and was made to feel like a cheap-o! When the order was all over I ended up with my cost to return the over priced 40 buck boarder cutters and 3 separate shipping charges. Some tools were back ordered, several shipped from there and the rest of the order shipped from another center. Last time I ordered film from them I received all 30 rolls ..... shipped separately, shipping and COD separate on each roll. I guess I'm just a slow learner :dunno

cheers and watch who you order from

Stan

I think it was just a bad week twocents.gif lots of crazy things on the last full moon cycle blink.png Last week I found out a hack shop about a mile from me is doing illegal work and giving the customers a "certificate of compliance" as required by Oregon law. Our law says a 50% film with a 35% net VLT............. so these guys are using a Suntek Carbon 35% giving the certificate of compliance and now customers are getting busted for illegal work they thought was legal. The bad part of this story is the certificate the hack shop is giving out says AutoWindowTinting Inc........ my company!!!! At least they cut my name off the top and hand wrote their name on it :mad

I feel sorry for the customers who don't know the deal but this kind of action is damaging to the industry's image. I don't know whether to let it slide or what :dunno

dang I feel better just venting

Cheers :beer

Stan

So what did the police say? Were your cleared of any issues once it was explained/found out?

Our retail shop was cleared right away. On the bottom of the compliance form it states that to be valid the form must have my AWT Inc. corporate seal embossed on it. We added that part several years ago in a meeting with local enforcement over how to prevent forgery's! People were taking the form and altering it then taking it to court trying to pass it off. Never thought I would see a local shop give a certificate stating they put 35% film on and it was legal!! The fine is up to 10,000 for the shop owner and the customers are pretty upset over the 250 dollar tickets .........AND............ Why be dumb enough to leave my name on them :beer

I see a sting operation coming :dunno

Cheers

Stan

Guest scottydosnntkno

:spit they will never learn

must be like these guys around here, have four chloroplast signs at every corner handwritten in a fat sharpie that say "we Instell CABINATS", with all different size letters, but cabinats is definitely capitalized :embar

Archived