3M Carbon Fibre not warrantied for Wraps

I go onto a couple of sign forums and on one, uksignboards, there is an article by 3m, in the article they state the C/F is suitable for wrapping bonnets, roofs, mirrors etc but the main supplier, Wm Smiths, they do not warranty the 3M C/F for vehicle wrapping.

Anyone used it for wrapping and any good or bad stories.

Bob

Guest totaleclipsetints

hiya mate

really easy to use stuff and a lot of good glue strength on it

make sure you use some primer around the edges and where the fold is hidden to improve the bonding

especially mirrors and any edges where a lot of weather will hit (wind and rain)

and use a paper towel around card as it may scratch the vinyl

hope that help

out of interest what should one charge for various parts

as I have only did this once on my own car

Guest AndySC

I went to the training course for the 3M Di-Noc films. I was told that 3M does not warranty Di-Noc films. The life expectancy is up to 4 years for the outdoor grade films and 12 years for the indoor films. But we all know that life expectancy could vary depending on the enviroment. Hope this helps.

Guest Solscreen
I went to the training course for the 3M Di-Noc films. I was told that 3M does not warranty Di-Noc films. The life expectancy is up to 4 years for the outdoor grade films and 12 years for the indoor films. But we all know that life expectancy could vary depending on the enviroment. Hope this helps.

You have a good point there, I think here in southern Spain, the wrap would'nt last very long at all, it gets sooooo damm hot in the summer months, I wonder if the stuff would lift, even more so if its black, there are not to many black or red cars here at all. I think because of the sun.

Guest Solscreen

SCandy where did you do your 3M course?

Well sounds like a good thing to check out. I am very disappointed though. about 3 weeks ago my a4 was totaled and I am only going to be able to get a 2005 Taurus to replace it. I had plans of going through the A4 with the CF to be able to show it, but I don't think the Taurus will look good with the stuff. Maybe the wood grain would be ok, but I am so disappointed loosing my A4. The kid has the older model and we will do his, but I miss mine. Yeah I could look really stupid and CF the hood of a Taurus :lol

Archived