Stratus R/T 2002 BG 1 piece

mustangdroptop96

Just had one of these dropped off at the shop and before the girl dropped it off told me she had quite a few quotes for 250+, I have personally never done one of these but hear these are notorious for being a pain in the @$$. I figured I'd love the experience to hear what people are talking about and lets just say the rumors are right, I looked through a few posts already about this car but anybody have any other tips? I went shrink just about everything. I booked a 4 hour block for this car but would HATE to do 2 pieces. Any pointers oh mighty forum posters? :embar

Guest filmslayer

dry shrink it ! and take your time ( with 4hrs. should be enough time ) it is a lil tough but very doable, just a large piece of film that needs more help than most ! :embar

Thanks for the tip, I'm working on the sides now and I'll head back to the back glass, maybe try a dry run. I think I have done a back glass in 2 pieces once in my career, I would hate to make this #2 lol. I thought this would be like the Trans Am, your scared to death of that back window until you try it and realize its one of the easiest. Thanks again, any other inputs appreciated.

Thanks for the tip, I'm working on the sides now and I'll head back to the back glass, maybe try a dry run. I think I have done a back glass in 2 pieces once in my career, I would hate to make this #2 lol. I thought this would be like the Trans Am, your scared to death of that back window until you try it and realize its one of the easiest. Thanks again, any other inputs appreciated.

Naaa, not like a Trans Am :embar There is alot of shrinking involved but definately doable in one piece, definately needs to be dry shrunk though...

By dry shrink are you guys using powder or dryer sheets? I have another truck coming in a few I just did it in 2 pieces and yelled at myself after creasing 2 sheets. but hey on a positive note those rear side windows are so big it took almost the full sheet of tint from the creased back glass to use on the side 2 lol. This is one of the toughest cars I done and prices are definately going up for these

that Stratus window is actually LESS shrinking to do when doing in one piece than in two....IMO at least....just pull the crap out of the top corners....

what film are you using? Global or Llumar were the films that I have done them with....

Archived