2011 Toyota Sienna

Guest JustinP

Guest JustinP

Anyone have a chance to do one of these yet? I have 2 to do tomorrow and want to know if there is anything specific to look for or if they are similar to previous years.

Justin

alright cool. only been tinting for about a year so I try to look for any tips possible.

if you havent done one before the rear sliding doors roll down and theres a frame around the bottom back corner so access is tight. if you roll the window down you can pop the button and slide off the plastic piece. the top of the panel is forgiving I usually start from the back and pull it up and over the top to open up the bottom edge.

alright cool. only been tinting for about a year so I try to look for any tips possible.

if you havent done one before the rear sliding doors roll down and theres a frame around the bottom back corner so access is tight. if you roll the window down you can pop the button and slide off the plastic piece. the top of the panel is forgiving I usually start from the back and pull it up and over the top to open up the bottom edge.

Nice tip!

:rollin

Guest JustinP

thanks man thats huge. well I guess I now have 3 to do today! got a fleet contract and have a total of 35 siennas to do over the next couple weeks

thanks man thats huge. well I guess I now have 3 to do today! got a fleet contract and have a total of 35 siennas to do over the next couple weeks

good luck with that youll have the hang of it by the time your done. then youll never want to see another. one other tip the rubber gasket thats stuck to the panel (that you be pulling over) the back side tends to seperate just a little reach your finger behind it and push the tab back down.

Just did two of these yeterday, and they have changed the little triangle piece. It is now attached to the molding, and did not want to come out, so I left it in. I managed to get the film in there, but it was a major PIA. Has anyone taken one of those off yet? I'm usually not a panel puller, but was tempted. The old ones were a lot easier, as that triangle piece came right out after you removed the button.

Guest JustinP

are you talking about the small triangle for the front windows or on the sliding door rollups? I have yet to tint front windows on a sienna yet but for the sliding door I pull the panels. takes about 5 minutes for both doors if that long, makes tucking a lot easier. I need to get pictures of the ones I have done. So far have tinted 18 out of supposed 35 Siennas being delivered to me for a Carpool company all in Llumar ATC 05 Limo.

Guest JustinP
on the rear roll down window, you can take the seal off without taking the panel off, just peel the top the the panel back and the corner triangle piece and the seal come right out

you do have to roll down the window and take the pop off the corner piece the is exposed one you roll down the window on the triangle cover area.

ya I know, but just more comfortable with taking the panel all the way off. so far its the only car I have taken the panel off of

justin

Archived