True black - Q for howard

Hey guys ,

this question is directed at Howard from EWF but I find it beneficial for others to read it as well !

basically my main line of film im using in suntek carbon , below is a comparision in performance stats to carbon and true black

I like using mainly non metal films because theres no radio problems and carbon has almost as high heat rejection as HP films so win / win.

Suntek Carbon 35 = 42% solar energy rejected

EWF True Black 35 = 25% total solar energy rejected

they dont even compare really, now some customers wont even ask but a lot do some research a lot ask me for metal films but I sell them carbon because its so close to metal stats.

Howard is there any plans to either increase the heat reduction of true black or a potential for a new line of NR films that are not like the classic charcoal line as I like slightly thicker film and I find classic charcoal curls a lot and can be annoying to use cause of it. I also like to sell USA films and from what I understand its of korea base which is not a strong selling point here in australia !

thanks hope you can take this into consideration as im sure it would benefit all EWF installers worldwide !!

Sorry for the delay >> I check in whenever I can (workload permitting).

As a result of popular demand:

There will be a Signal Friendly True Black Ultra (Metal Hybrid) this summer.

There will also be an NR version in 57% available in May

Questions?

I am here at the support desk (800)FILM-NOW and howard@buytint.com

Regards,

Howard

Hey guys ,

this question is directed at Howard from EWF but I find it beneficial for others to read it as well !

basically my main line of film im using in suntek carbon , below is a comparision in performance stats to carbon and true black

I like using mainly non metal films because theres no radio problems and carbon has almost as high heat rejection as HP films so win / win.

Suntek Carbon 35 = 42% solar energy rejected

EWF True Black 35 = 25% total solar energy rejected

they dont even compare really, now some customers wont even ask but a lot do some research a lot ask me for metal films but I sell them carbon because its so close to metal stats.

Howard is there any plans to either increase the heat reduction of true black or a potential for a new line of NR films that are not like the classic charcoal line as I like slightly thicker film and I find classic charcoal curls a lot and can be annoying to use cause of it. I also like to sell USA films and from what I understand its of korea base which is not a strong selling point here in australia !

thanks hope you can take this into consideration as im sure it would benefit all EWF installers worldwide !!

Another post here points out certain Sun Tek films that are now NFRC certified offered far less TSER than the Sun Tek parameter sheets state and still do. The Carbon line is exaggerated as well. It is a dual ply deep dyed color stable film, like many others, yet it's numbers remarkably better than similar films.

Thanks for the reply Howard , keep us up to date with any releases !

I will be placing an order for some TB next week I hope but I shall email you when ready !

"addicted to tint" do you know what that topic was called ? im trying to find it but with no luck so far ! id like to read up about it !

Guest rondy_
Sorry for the delay >> I check in whenever I can (workload permitting).

As a result of popular demand:

There will be a Signal Friendly True Black Ultra (Metal Hybrid) this summer.

There will also be an NR version in 57% available in May

Questions?

I am here at the support desk (800)FILM-NOW and howard@buytint.com

Regards,

Howard

Hello Howard,

will the True Black Ultra better than the 57% NR version? When is this coming out? before July?

Hello Howard,

will the True Black Ultra better than the 57% NR version? When is this coming out? before July?

Hi Rondy,

It will be better at rejecting heat, but the same in all other respects.

True Black Ultra is made with the same base polyester - it's just that the inner surface of the outer layer is vapor coated with a light density aluminum to give it the enhanced solar control properties. In that respect, it's a traditional hybrid construction. NR True Black and the new True Black Ultra are both signal friendly.

We are importing the codes into the system tonight. ETA on the initial shipments in to our warehouses is 2-3 weeks out. Initial VLTs will be 35% & 20%. 05% will follow on a week later and 42% is planned by summer.

Just to repeat: It's the exact same film, base poly, adhesive, etc. The only difference is it's run thru the metalizer.

-Howard

Archived