Dumb Question

I know I'm gonna take some :smoker flaming for this but do most of you use a battery charger when ur tinting a vehicle? I was tinting my gfs car and kept the doors shut until I was laying the film on and only then would I turn the key on and the damn thing still went dead on me. Maybe a bad battery I'm not really sure but I didnt want to hook up a charger on every vehicle I tinted. I know I'm sorry guys take into consideration I'm still new so this may not seem like a serious question to you but I can assure you it is blink.png I'm more than prepared to crawl into a corner and cry with my blankie so please don't make me do because I will :thumb

I know I'm gonna take some :smoker flaming for this but do most of you use a battery charger when ur tinting a vehicle? I was tinting my gfs car and kept the doors shut until I was laying the film on and only then would I turn the key on and the damn thing still went dead on me. Maybe a bad battery I'm not really sure but I didnt want to hook up a charger on every vehicle I tinted. I know I'm sorry guys take into consideration I'm still new so this may not seem like a serious question to you but I can assure you it is blink.png I'm more than prepared to crawl into a corner and cry with my blankie so please don't make me do because I will :thumb

No it's a great question.......................... I turn the key on and off when tinting and a good battery should hold up. Lots of lazy tinters :beer just turn the key on and leave it on till the job including the back window are done. I don't think it would hurt to leave a trickle charge on the car but I'm not allowed to work under the hood cause I am not a mechanic :lol2 Glad to see you hanging in here!

Cheers

Stan

I always thought it would be cool to take a Reel-Light and re-purpose it as a 12-volt trickle charger with a Cigarette-lighter connector to plug into the car's power port.

By having it hang over slightly toward the passenger side it could be pulled down without giving the installer another cord to trip over.

That would fix Stan's under the hood problem too.

My 1st tip of the week?

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I only leave the key on while doing the doors which usually takes 45 min for a 4 door car. Then do the back glass and 1/4's. Sometimes I put it on trickle charge if the windows seem slow rolling up. You got to be careful on some makes not to kill the battery because it will lock the factory stereo and you will need the code to unlock it. Sometimes it is in the manual but there has been two times I had to call the dealership service center to get the code.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Maybe I should put a sign up saying I don't tint cars with power windows only crank windows please :thumb

won't be in business very long :smoker

just be vary careful when you work on certain cars. GM trucks and SUVs die fast and sometimes messes up the comp. stay away from the newer 5 and 7 series, well not stay away but u never wanna drain one of those batteries it f's the sytem up. and a lot of the newer mercedes batteries work on a different system, if you try to jump it it can kill the car. pulsing system is different. you may want to look into the brand new battery chargers with computers to recognize the car first. close to a thousand but messing up one car computer is like 2k. new snap on one I think is 800, imma pick 2 up soon

Archived