70% on front sides in CA

Guest Mo Evo

Guest Mo Evo

A customer bought a used BMW 3 series tinted all around. Her 17 yr old son got a ticket in the city of San Francisco for 1) tinted forward side windows, 2) white bulb instead of amber in turn signals and 3) driving in diamond lane. I only removed the front film which was a 70%, because the car was purchased from one of my Marin county dealers. Customer got the 'fix-it' ticket signed off by CHP for both tint and turn signals and went to the SF city court. The clerk looked at the corrected ticket and the CVC and told her this is not a correctable ticket. The police officer had written the tint as CVC 26708a, which is correctable if I'm not mistaken. So does this mean even with the 2 fix-it's corrected, they have to pay the huge fine? I've only seen fix-it's that were corrected and sent in with a $25-$40 'processing' fee.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint51
A customer bought a used BMW 3 series tinted all around. Her 17 yr old son got a ticket in the city of San Francisco for 1) tinted forward side windows, 2) white bulb instead of amber in turn signals and 3) driving in diamond lane. I only removed the front film which was a 70%, because the car was purchased from one of my Marin county dealers. Customer got the 'fix-it' ticket signed off by CHP for both tint and turn signals and went to the SF city court. The clerk looked at the corrected ticket and the CVC and told her this is not a correctable ticket. The police officer had written the tint as CVC 26708a, which is correctable if I'm not mistaken. So does this mean even with the 2 fix-it's corrected, they have to pay the huge fine? I've only seen fix-it's that were corrected and sent in with a $25-$40 'processing' fee.

The Dealer should be liable for the tint as it was illegal tint. Go after them that.

Archived