88 mustang

Guest mak13083

Guest mak13083

I have a 88 mustang can anyone help me with what anchor style to use and should I start on the curved part of the glass or the center, I would appreciate detailed method for this I have been doin this for years and never came across one of these cars and im having a hard time with it... thanks in advance

I own one of these and it was the first car I learned on. I just did one last week and forgot how much of a pita it is to have the correct lenghth of film tuck behind the mirror. I you have too much, the film won't lay down and if you don't have enough, you'll have a gap. The first rollup I did had too much film to tuck behind mirror and I had to scrap that piece. I measure it awhile back, but never recorded down what size it should be, so I measured it again. The rollup piece should measure 38 inches from the bottom left to right. This only applies if you have NO gap on the side of the glass that is exposed when you roll the window down. So your top edge gap should be the same as the gap on side edge. When you trim for these rollups, I would do the cut by the mirror LAST, just leave a couple extra inches there before you start and you won't come short.

Archived