Frost Film Problem!?!?!

Guest e.baker89

Guest e.baker89

I have fitted flat glass before and never heard of this problem but I just tinted a swimming pool in frost film. when I left the job was perfect!? and the customer rang me up today saying it bubbled so I went and seen the job and there was in some of the windows like 4 ft spears that where al jagged not straight at all just go in random angles and some of them met in the middle ? I have never seen anything like it before its top grade film as well any ideas please ?

Guest scottydosnntkno

I would say its from the moisture/humidity in the air. There is/was so much humidity that the slip couldn't evaporate or dry. So, over time the little bit of tension you put in the film while squeegeeing finally caused it to finger up.

You could try redoing it and locking the edges down really good, and then using a hairdryer to warm up the edges and seal the film down.

maybe others have done this before?

just allow extra time for you to push them down to make sure they are set. this is a problem mainly with blackout film. not so much frost. the adhesive is different and it doesnt tack up for a while. but when it does it grabs hard. thats why the fingers go in all different directions. the film fingers to relieve pressure but the fingers are forced in different angles because its tack in some spots and not in others. and get that bad stuff off asap, its a mess to remove

We had some madico go crazy hours after it was installed, IMO it should have been OK to move on and expect it to stay down. The glass was huge and I believe it flexed causing it to finger (HUGE). But I also think that if it is down for over a hour it should be down period.

We had some madico go crazy hours after it was installed, IMO it should have been OK to move on and expect it to stay down. The glass was huge and I believe it flexed causing it to finger (HUGE). But I also think that if it is down for over a hour it should be down period.

:nope

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I did alot of large windows on a church with white frost and it was like in the 30's outside. About an hour after, the windows got foot long fingers here and there and I had to keep going back to the windows and rechecking them. They turned out good, but it was a pain in the ass though.

Guest e.baker89

Thanks alot for replying! I got most of them to sit down like after I went back like 4 days later but I just have to redo one of them now couldnt get them down!

thanks!

I have fitted flat glass before and never heard of this problem but I just tinted a swimming pool in frost film. when I left the job was perfect!? and the customer rang me up today saying it bubbled so I went and seen the job and there was in some of the windows like 4 ft spears that where al jagged not straight at all just go in random angles and some of them met in the middle ? I have never seen anything like it before its top grade film as well any ideas please ?

Sorry - out of topic.

On russian Your nick sound like FOCKER :dunno

Archived