what plotter to buy

Guest michaelsilva

Guest scottydosnntkno

40, unless you do a lot of FG. You can cut any car on the market with a plotter from a 40" roll. The only aspect I see as to why a 60 would be better is 1. if you do a lot of 40"+ FG windows and also if you do a lot of large semi truck graphics and don't want to tile them.

Guest teamfutaba
40, unless you do a lot of FG. You can cut any car on the market with a plotter from a 40" roll. The only aspect I see as to why a 60 would be better is 1. if you do a lot of 40"+ FG windows and also if you do a lot of large semi truck graphics and don't want to tile them.

if you are talking about PPF you might want to re think that, there ars some full hoods you wont do in one piece from 40 or even 50". graphtec-FC8000-160 will cover the whole spectrum.

Guest untouchable

I only have a small amount of plotter experience because I prefer hand cut on both PPF and tint. But I am coming into the times and have come to the conclusion that on some PPF a plotter is nice and some I will still hand cut. So I want the best of both worlds to offer my customers so I am getting a 40" myself. My thoughts are for the larger hoods a plotter is not necessary (for no hood in my opinion) because you can just cut around the edge and wrap it. I wrap all edges anyway so not sure if you do or not. Let me know if I am missing any advantages of a plotter cut hood as I said I don't have a lot of experience with kits. Although I know they are a lot better than a the years past.

Guest scottydosnntkno

if you are talking about PPF you might want to re think that, there ars some full hoods you wont do in one piece from 40 or even 50". graphtec-FC8000-160 will cover the whole spectrum.

I never once mentioned PPF, and I don't use my plotter for PPF anyways :lol2

he mentioned using ComputerCut with SolarGard films, so that would be automotive

Guest untouchable

he mentioned using ComputerCut with SolarGard films, so that would be automotive

I don't think any of theses reply's were directed toward you. Maybe the person who asked the question uses it for PPF, who knows.

Guest teamfutaba

ur right, I was thinking PPF.

Guest scottydosnntkno

ur right, I was thinking PPF.

:dunno

Guest tint51

I assume you have this plotter... Do u like it or would like something else... and if you have it, what do u do with it.. Tint, PPF, vinyl....

Archived