ford Ka back glass

weeeman

Hi, I have a ford Ka 52 plate rear window to do, and twice it has beat me with the heat shrink, the window looks so simple but is so difficult at each of the top corners! Im using a wet shrink method and the "H" to create my anchor.

Is there any guys here that have done these windows before and could point me in the right direction?? should I be using a soap method instead?? I have shrunk so many with no problem but cant understand what stops me with this one? :boogie

Also I have been beaten again by a vauxhal signum back glass too! both windows have the acute curves at the top left and right sides.

The cars are back in next week for me to try again, but thought I should consult you guys first lol?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest naughtydog
Hi, I have a ford Ka 52 plate rear window to do, and twice it has beat me with the heat shrink, the window looks so simple but is so difficult at each of the top corners! Im using a wet shrink method and the "H" to create my anchor.

Is there any guys here that have done these windows before and could point me in the right direction?? should I be using a soap method instead?? I have shrunk so many with no problem but cant understand what stops me with this one? :boogie

Also I have been beaten again by a vauxhal signum back glass too! both windows have the acute curves at the top left and right sides.

The cars are back in next week for me to try again, but thought I should consult you guys first lol?

I would forget wet shrinking and start learning how to soap shrink and learn he lift and pull technique.

What film are you using?

The Ka is not to bad, the signums are a pain expecially the older models.

Practice is the only thing thats going to get you there.

Im using sunpro's hp range , I think the soap method sounds better, but un sure on the lift an pull, never really liked it lol. the signum is the 02 model I think.

Guest Diamond Tints
Sun Pro.. Nice.. Get some better Film...

Signums Suck, but just take ya time, and they become easy....

Pedro says Hi...

As in nick griffin?

Guest Malcolm E Boo
Im using sunpro's hp range , I think the soap method sounds better, but un sure on the lift an pull, never really liked it lol. the signum is the 02 model I think.

There's your answer

Archived