ford Ka back glass

how can it be the film? I used solar guard before with no problems, then moved to one provided by vision films, before moving to sun pro, and I never had problems with sun pro at all. When I got the signum I tried three kinds of tint, and messed em all up :boogie

just tried the Ka today with solarguard and sunpro.

Im sure as you say its gotta be down to trying a new method rather than a new supplier? I think its early days to be cursing my materials before questioning my own capabilities surely?

oh and in five years I been doin it as a hobby just january I started my business and I only wet shrink.

So yes five years and im askin cos im sure you lot are more experienced than I am??

Lets start by someone explaining the soap method to me please?? (tried dry and hate it so far lol).

what soap is best.?

do I still use "H" anchor?

Does soap have to be dry before the shrink starts?

cheers so far for all you advice by the way, proper pulling hair out here.

one of my jobs pictured below.

one of my jobs

done using sunpro.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets start by someone explaining the soap method to me please?? (tried dry and hate it so far lol).

what soap is best.?

do I still use "H" anchor?

Does soap have to be dry before the shrink starts?

cheers so far for all you advice by the way, proper pulling hair out here.

one of my jobs pictured below.

Ivory soap works fine.

A horizontal anchor is fine, no need for H.

More here.

http://www.tintdude.com/soapshrinkmethod.html

wow, thats more like it thankyou , will start on that method first and get back to you cheers!!!! :gasp

Guest shadowline
I get the impression that im waistin time here :boogie

:-(

Hey chill out mate. theres lots of good banter on here have a laugh, and you will learn loads on here mate!

This is all basic stuff here, same principle Dry shrink with baby powder, Ka`s are not the hardest back glass`s in the world any tinter worth there salt wouldnt be asking as theyd nail in half hour, or less

read the glass use a decent film & job done ,

how do you get on with Clio phase 2`s 206`s. 307 sw `s ???

do the research its all on here & been discussed,

Guest walestint

well would you believe it, I have never tinted a ford Ka, convertible fronts yes (UV clear of course)

talking of the shrink business, a clio bit my backside a bit this week, couldnt understand it, done loads of them, but this one was a biatch, got it done in the end, dont know why it was, mysterious goings on...............

Guest shadowline
well would you believe it, I have never tinted a ford Ka, convertible fronts yes (UV clear of course)

talking of the shrink business, a clio bit my backside a bit this week, couldnt understand it, done loads of them, but this one was a biatch, got it done in the end, dont know why it was, mysterious goings on...............

Rob KA's are a piece of mate, no worries, easier than a Clio......................UV clear of course.PMSL.............

Guest walestint

ok heres one for the polycarb lovers out there, 7x just over 5m length x 40" roof panel, deep beams, internal application, correct film - best way to install?? weight of film on reverse roll is heavy and sun is out!!

Archived