ford Ka back glass

done ! Cracked it today, must have been one o them days for me when nowt goes right lol. just needed to chill and take my time, used my wet shrink method, but I think its time I looked at using soap lol, cheers1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speak to tom re: the Clio`s he loves them NOT lol

Think you got to do them regularly as we take them for granted when the stray one enters the bay. lucky not to many about these days,

High wet Line no H works for me & plenty of spare top & bottom

& shrink the nuts out of that film

Guest Malcolm E Boo
ok heres one for the polycarb lovers out there, 7x just over 5m length x 40" roof panel, deep beams, internal application, correct film - best way to install?? weight of film on reverse roll is heavy and sun is out!!

You'll be wanting Coolkote then. Speak to Nik at Bonwyke.

Guest Diamond Tints
I get the impression that im waistin time here :cool

:-(

Hey chill out mate. theres lots of good banter on here have a laugh, and you will learn loads on here mate!

This is more or less what I sent him in a PM :cool

ok heres one for the polycarb lovers out there, 7x just over 5m length x 40" roof panel, deep beams, internal application, correct film - best way to install?? weight of film on reverse roll is heavy and sun is out!!

And Mac Tac Felt squegee :cool from Bonwyke also

Guest walestint

yup I know what film to use :lol just didnt want to advertise it as there is another one the market :thumb

just shuch a shame to start looking at other suppliers now that my account is so established. lol

Guest Smashy

Coolkote for definate, use an orange crush to push the water out and it won't leave water beads in the small channels.

If you've got someone working for you, get them to help you. If not, go to a local recruitment agency and hire a lad for the day (that way your covered on insurances if they fall off the ladder). Get them to prepare the panels for you and then help with the install. Coolkote impossible on your own on a boiling hot day, sticks like..............

Reverse roll it down the panel, I push the water out as the laddo slowly rolls the film down the panel spraying plenty of water. That way it won't stick and crease in the wrong places plus it's alot easier with 2 of you.

The price you should be charging for coolkote, you can afford to pay a lad for the day.

Didn't this subject start off as Ford Ka back glass :lol6

Did my first Ka back window 2 weeks ago....... tight on the corners but did first time. Plenty of soapy water, lockline in the middle and plenty of excess to pull the film off the glass. Heating it that way the film just drops onto the glass, bloody lovely.

The more difficult the glass the thinner film I go with. Clio's and this Ka I do with a Graphite Pro, everything else a thicker Graphite Magma. Works for me and I do clio's first time everytime.

Archived