CP Films-poor product knowledge

Guest tintimp

Guest tintimp
:boogie Has anyone else had the mis-fortune of meeting CP Films northern "Sales Manager" for the UK,- What an idiot. No knowledge whatsoever of either his products or the industry and certainly no idea of what I want as a tinter. He looks and acts like a car salesman and gives the impression that you are simply a name on a list that he is ticking off. Has no idea of pricing structure and seems to avoid any straight forward questions that I asked him. We, as tinters, need support, not flash gits in a BMW telling us that it would be worth buying their products. Mate, give up and go back to selling cars or what ever you did in a previous life
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Experienced tinters can smell a non tinter a mile away :spit Personally, I think ALL sales reps should have been a former experienced tinter at 1 time so they can relate better :boogie

Guest Scottsfire

I'm completely prepared for the "flame" I might get for asking this, but who is CP? Do they produce a brand I would reconize? Here we go but I'm curios?

Guest Scottsfire

Yes yes.....of course, thanks fellas. As you were posting I finally found on Google. Wow, so let me see if I've got this right, an industry leader is sending out reps un-prepared to sell it's product thus damaging it's name, somewhat?

Guest Scottsfire
Experienced tinters can smell a non tinter a mile away :cool Personally, I think ALL sales reps should have been a former experienced tinter at 1 time so they can relate better :cool

I would think that to be a no brainer.....I agree 100% with u.

Guest shadowline

Well as they are the UK "branch", I have asked them twice in the past to try a sample of film they have had all my details and NEVER sent me any info/samples, so I went with Bonwyke and never looked back. I have heard some of the films are good, but they never gave me the chance to try them out?

Guest Malcolm E Boo
:cool Has anyone else had the mis-fortune of meeting CP Films northern "Sales Manager" for the UK,- What an idiot. No knowledge whatsoever of either his products or the industry and certainly no idea of what I want as a tinter. He looks and acts like a car salesman and gives the impression that you are simply a name on a list that he is ticking off. Has no idea of pricing structure and seems to avoid any straight forward questions that I asked him. We, as tinters, need support, not flash gits in a BMW telling us that it would be worth buying their products. Mate, give up and go back to selling cars or what ever you did in a previous life

Your not the first person to have said that. I know Ian and by his own admission he says he knows sweet FA about installing film. It is not good really for the self proclaimed biggest film company in the world.

Where abouts are you if I may be so nosey?

Archived