Tinting over tinted glass

Guest scottydosnntkno
I know this is probably a dumb question but is there anything important I need to know about tinting over factory tinted glass? I want to know ahead of times to prevent any stupid mistakes. thanks.

:lol6

Guest Scottsfire

Keeping in mind that I'm a rookie new to the industry, but I feel fairly certain that the pigment in factory tinted glass is inside, therefore making it no different than tinting normal untinted automotive glass.

You may have to calculate in the % of the factory tint to what the % of the film your installing, but other than that should be fairly simple.

Hope this helps,

Guest tintjam65

Yes

Only with those reflective coated auto glass types like the Lexus R330 or the reflective glass used in some Ford and Nissan SUV's

Over time film adhesive destroys the protective clear coat used to protect the metal deposition which eventually leads to destroying the metal coating

And if you ever do remove film from this type glass hope it comes off easy but any way it does come off the glass surface scratches easily taking off the adhesive

Yes

Only with those reflective coated auto glass types like the Lexus R330 or the reflective glass used in some Ford and Nissan SUV's

Over time film adhesive destroys the protective clear coat used to protect the metal deposition which eventually leads to destroying the metal coating

And if you ever do remove film from this type glass hope it comes off easy but any way it does come off the glass surface scratches easily taking off the adhesive

we have a winner, also watch out on some sunroofs.

blade lightly or just scrubbie them. the tint on these is like a coating instead of a colored glass

on r+r's I steam em

Yes

Good call,those will scratch easily if you're not careful

Archived