Dog hair, Saw dust and dried mud!

Guest Scottsfire

Guest Scottsfire

Short story, .........then to my point. A few days ago got a turd of a car in for a tint job. Took it in and found it was a dog house on wheels with mud and saw dust. Did a little extra cleaning of glass and apolstry and started hanging film, trying not to kick up any contamination......FAIL!!! New piece after cleaning glass and nearby apolstry.....FAIL! Stopped, stepped back and scratched my head. After an hour of vacuuming, wiping interior etc....static still pulling dog hair from somewhere. My wife steps in with can of Static Cling and sprays the car down from head to toe....problem somewhat resolved. Hung the rest of the job with sterilization procedures much like an operating room and finished.

MY QUESTION: Do you guys get cars like this and do you charge an additional pain in the donkey clean up fee?

Thanks,

LOL, depends on how I'm feeling, sometimes I just say fugg it and what happens happens. I ask all my customers to bring their car in somewhat clean condition, if they don't, it's their problem, my time is more important than their mess.

Guest Scottsfire
Cars like that....I spray em down with the hose just to keep the dust down.

So your Fire. I have buddies in Parker, Franktown and Eagle /Vail..Fire. Whats your 20?

Know a few guys a Parker, but I know a ton of people working for both Vail and Eagle River Fire Prot. Some good people at both! I'm in the region so we do a lot of training with those guys.

:dunno

Guest Scottsfire
Static cling spray huh? Good idea!

TD...........not sure I got the name right of the product, I think it might be Cling Free or something like that. But we use it here at the station for our uniforms to keep dog hair and other stuff off. Anyway, you spray yourself/clothing with it and in arid enviorments it prevents you and your clothing from drawing dust hair etc to you or sticking to you. It worked some in the car.

Always look inside and out before job. if theres a lot of dog hair and the cust is a slob Ill just tell they there no guarntees due to the condition of the car! I always get the family car with 2-3 year olds mm's, chips, sand just messy!

Archived