Suntek Ultra Vision query

One of my competitors told this to a job I was quoting on.........

" I use the Ultra Vision as well. It is a crisp clean look. It is a ceramic film not a metalised film."

I was under the impression it wasn't a ceramic film, sputtered metal yes.

What's your collective thoughts on this?

Devil

I have also received non-answers on the ultra vision film...My understanding is that it is constructed similarly to ceramic, with micro-crystal content inhibiting straight line radiation penetration, a form of prism-like dispersal. However it can never be called ceramic film because the definition of ceramic is "non-metallic substance that can be crystallized by extreme heat followed by cooling" ....This is what I found, I hope it helps....Onsitewindowtinting in PHX

Guest vclimber

I spoke to someone who accelerate tested the ULVDS films and their comment was that they reacted to accelerated tested the same way that dye technology films do. Kind of strange when CLC claims that it is an all-metal film. :lol2

4 ulvds40 glass breaks this week... one customer in fact is requesting a refund because the film is melting silicone and warping the framing around the outside of the windows (daul pane low-e) but suntek said the film was safe ?? Another one just a single double hung sash. I think im done with this film.

Archived