What tint doesn't fade? I'm so confused.

Guest confusedAcura

Guest confusedAcura

I want to get my Acura tinted and I have alot of options around here. One guy uses omega and says its metal free. Another uses solar guard and says it has metal. Theres a few other shops around too, but theyre closed today. Someone else on another message board has been helping me. I want good heat rejection since I'm going with 35%. I don't want any problems with my cell phone (he put up a video showing tint reducing cell phone reception) or gps or keyless. I really dont want anything that fades. He put up these pictures.

filmsamples_6_17_2008.jpg

filmsamples_9_09_2009.jpg

I really dont want anything by 3m or advantage. he said he just added solar guard samples so that doesnt help me since I cant see it. I want llumar atx, but that wasnt tested either. does the atx fade? I see the other llumar tints did well. he said if I stacked paper to the ceiling I should get huper optik or geoshield. Do they fade?

Any Film. over time, will fade. It's the law of nature. Of all the Films You mentioned , Huper and Llumar are Your best bets. I've heard people have lots of luck with the Global QDP to. Stay away from films that have "performance" issues....just read up around here, if You catch My drift. :twocents

Guest confusedAcura

I understand nothing lasts forever and I really only need it to last 3 or 4 years while I own the car, but I dont want anything that fades 10% each year. itd be clear by the time I changed cars. hopefully someone that is closed today uses llumar. anyone had problems with atx?

I'm not sure if I agree with your friend's test there, namely it appears to be done on clear glass, not solar tinted glassthat pretty much every vehicle sold has. Not only that, but how is he allowing the film to fade? While I haven't had ADN on a personal vehicle, I have had ADC 21/15 for a year now, not even the slightest sign of fading on a car that is garaged evenings, but driven every day and New Mexico sun seems to be a little more harsh than other places. I have also had SunTek Carbon 18 on my truck that sits in my driveway for weeks at a time un-used with no signs of fading. When I say signs of fading, I mean that dark line across the top edge. My Corolla also has SunGard HP Charcoal 13 on the back doors going back to 2005 and no dark line. I find it hard to believe that the films in his test are being subjugated to any sort of replication of the real life of a window film. To be honest, the only films I have seen show significant signs of fading are the old SunGard films, and SunTek STD showed some discoloration in a little over a years time.

Guest tintjam65
Any Film. over time, will fade. It's the law of nature. Of all the Films You mentioned , Huper and Llumar are Your best bets. I've heard people have lots of luck with the Global QDP to. Stay away from films that have "performance" issues....just read up around here, if You catch My drift. :lol2

:lol2 I for the most part shy away from anything made cheap and by cheap labor (Global = Garware = India). :dunno

since you want 35 a full ceramic like huper will be the best. if you dont wanna pay that much get llumar atx/ctx or formula one pinnacle

thats my opinion

:lol2

Anyone that says ATX will hold up is talking out thier azz because it simply hasn't been around long enough for "real world tests" With that being said , CP films Llumar ( who makes it ) is the company I've dealt with for yrs and love Llumar :lol2 hope the ATX holds up as well in the future as the ATR has for me :dunno

Guest confusedAcura

I dont think he's doing anything himself to fade the tints. He said they just sit outside his house in the sun.

I dont know the cheap labor did a good job. looks like the global qdp is holding up better than most of the other tints.

I was reading they replaced atx with ctx. so now I really dont know because ctx hasnt been out long either.

Guest confusedAcura

it was hard to find any llumar dealers that carry atx. I found one about 30 miles away so I'm going to him thursday. atx sounds expensive but it's less than 1% of the cost of my car so I think I can justify that.

if it does fade, that's what warranties are for right?

Archived